Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
1miki23
1miki23 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 600
battery charging help

Hi everyone,
I recently got the EzReader Pocket Pro (about 3 days ago) and I have put it to charge as indicated. I get the battery with the bolt going throug it and the red light flashing. It has been charging for over 12hrs, but then at the end I don't get the green light that shines steady. There is absolutely no light at all and there is this battery with a single bar on the left and something that looks like power adapter or something.

Just wanted to see if there is something wrong with it.

Thanks

Alex
1miki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
[QUOTE=1miki23;783647]Hi everyone,
I recently got the EzReader Pocket Pro (about 3 days ago) and I have put it to charge as indicated. I get the battery with the bolt going throug it and the red light flashing. It has been charging for over 12hrs, but then at the end I don't get the green light that shines steady. There is absolutely no light at all and there is this battery with a single bar on the left and something that looks like power adapter or something.

Thanks

Alex[/QUOTE
We have a winner ..Charged up Full

That is the Only fully charged indicator (symbol)
If the PEz is off, it will appear on the screen center.

The LED is just mostly an "Activity" indicator
A fault will show Steady RED
Very busy, almost steady Green
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
@Alex

Yes, what theducks said is right. Also the indicator light may appear to be all three colours while charging, depending on the angle it is looked at. Once the charging lightning bolt symbol goes and you see the unplug symbol on the screen then it is ....All systems go!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
1miki23
1miki23 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 600
That's great. I was starting to worry here.

Thanks.
1miki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1miki23 View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Alex
Dear Alex:

When you see the lightning bolt it normally means you are charging. The real assurance is the lights. A flashing red and orange light means it is charging. The green light means fully charged

Welcome to our forum and thank you!!

Almost everything is written down on our FAQ sheet at: www.theEZreader.com under "support". The User Manual is a fair document but grows old. We cannot update a User Manual. So, the FAQ sheet is frequently updated and normally very fresh.

Here is what you should do:

Turn off the device if it is on.
Disconnect the AC charger and cord.
Remove the one screw on the battery door and remove the battery.
Then, plug in the AC charger to the device.
This should turn on the device.
Now, plug back in the battery and tighten the battery compartment door.
Monitor for a flashing red/orange light.
In about 8 hours that light should turn to green!

I am here if you need me. I work for Astak. I am sorry for the confusion you had. We will take good care of you!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote