Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-09-2014, 04:38 AM   #1
WildC
WildC began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Removing colour of anchor text?

Hi there,
I have created some links between different parts of my book but when I open my Sigil epub in iBooks, the text I have linked to is coloured blue so it looks like a link. Is there a way to stop this happening?
Just to clarify I am not talking about the link itself but rather the object of the link.
Thanks!
WildC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Use <span> instead of <a>, or set "a {color:inherit}" in the CSS.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #3
WildC
WildC began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your reply Jellby. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient with me as I don't know much about this. I haven't created a CSS file, I have just done everything automatically in Sigil. The only CSS file is the TOC one.
Could I alter the anchor CSS inline as I only have a few links or can you tell me how to simply create a CSS file with this code in it that won't affect existing settings?
WildC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildC View Post
Thanks for your reply Jellby. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient with me as I don't know much about this. I haven't created a CSS file, I have just done everything automatically in Sigil. The only CSS file is the TOC one.
Could I alter the anchor CSS inline as I only have a few links or can you tell me how to simply create a CSS file with this code in it that won't affect existing settings?
What you are doing (inline styles) will work

But it will say 'Amateur' to anyone who looks at your code AND will be harder to maintain (update)

the CSS concept is very simple: Put all the (documents with a common stylistic theme) style definitions in a single place and add a link to that place in each file.

Look at the gold colored section of your chapter file: (Ignore the fact that Sigil assigns SCC #s by first use on a per-file basis for the moment)

That is what should move to the stylesheet (delete the <style> tags) and link the stylesheet (right-click the documents filename:Link...) to the file(s)

While I don't really recommend working on a huge monolithic (all content) file (way to easy to really blow it ), you could:

1. create your complete work, inserting Sigil split MARKERS in the proper places, as a single file.
2a. (optional) Global rename the style names (SGC#) in the <style> section to a friendly/meaningful usage name. eg CO, FP, CN, TX (I like short names )
2b. Move the <style> section to a stylesheet and link the stylesheet
3.Only NOW, Execute the Split at markers (F6) command. All the SGC#s will be common to all those pieces which would NOT be the case if they were created on a per file styling use).
4. check the results visually
5)ship it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchored objects, text colour