Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
Easy way to remove carriage returns between paragraphs?

Hi,

I have a manuscript that I'm converting to ebook format using Sigil. The original was written in block paragraph style, i.e. with a return between each paragraph. I would prefer a regular paragraph style - no spaces between them, and with an indent for each one. Is there any easy way to do that with a stylesheet, and if yes, could someone give me the css for that?

Thank you!

Alda

UPDATE: Never mind, I googled around and figured out how to do this using Calibre. I don't know how to delete this post so will have to leave it here, but no answer required.

Last edited by Alda; 11-06-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Personally, I would keep Calibre out of the process, if you can find another way around.

If you have a double </p><p> tag, a simple search & replace can change them to a single one, for example.

The indent would be handled in the style sheet. For a plain <p> you might do this:

p {
margin-top:0.0em;
margin-bottom:0.0em;
text-indent:1.0em;
text-align:justify;
}

You can see (and are welcome to borrow or adapt) my style sheet at http://notjohnkdp.blogspot.com/
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote