Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
veggiemuffinb1
veggiemuffinb1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Want to buy Pocketbook Pro 902

I've been researching larger size ereaders and so far I think I want the Pocketbook Pro 902. But i can't fine it for sale anywhere online. That isn't a good sign but still. Even on the Pocketbook website on the Pocketbook Pro 902 page it doesn't try to sell it. What gives?
veggiemuffinb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Welcome to MobileRead!

The Pocketbook Pro 902 is a very old model that is no longer sold. Good as it was a few years ago, it is now pretty obsolete. You can try to find a used device, but be aware that there is a risk that the battery will die fairly soon after all these years.

Did you consider the new Onyx Boox M96?
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
veggiemuffinb1
veggiemuffinb1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Oh, that would explain it. I want one that is larger size about 9 " or so, and don't need internet access at all. What is their latest model?
veggiemuffinb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
PocketBook isn't producing the 9.7" models anymore. They will be releasing a new 8" model soon, with front light and a high contrast and resolution (1600x1200) screen. I have a 902, and will likely buy the 8" model when it comes out to use in its place.

If you want a new 9.7" model, then I second Zetmolm's recommendation of the M96. The screen in those devices is much better than the old technology in the 902/912 models.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:58 PM   #5
GypsyJon
Enthusiast
GypsyJon began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Pro 902
I still love my old 902, read on it daily.
GypsyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
GypsyJon
Enthusiast

Were can one order PocketBook products? After looking at their website I might just upgrade to an Inkpad.

What do you guys think of that device?

Thx.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:01 AM   #7
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJon View Post
Were can one order PocketBook products? After looking at their website I might just upgrade to an Inkpad.

What do you guys think of that device?

Thx.
seems like a nice device at a very nice price point (~€210). Not available yet though; probably from september.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #8
GypsyJon
Enthusiast

There are some websites in the Czech Republic that are offering it, but I am not sure they actually have them in stock.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #9
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
I have one 903. Spain. Here: http://www.segundamano.es/alicante/e...a=0_s&st=a&c=3

I sell it by 200€, plus shipping.

It had practically no use, I power on it periodically to charge and maintain the battery (BTW, it's battery perfect).
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote