Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 02:45 AM   #106
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfedelem View Post
I like Calibre. I have it set up on my netbook. When I get up in the morning all I tell it to fetch news, go make my coffee, and when I come back its ready.
Kovid must have added the "Make Coffee" button in the latest release. I tell ya, the man's brilliant!
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #107
oldmankit
oldmankit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Just discovered this feedbooks service. It rocks and definitely makes my kindle cooler than it was before. I never really got round to reading all my rss feeds for the same reasons all those pdf files lay their unread. No longer!

Thank you.
oldmankit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #108
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
It does not work well for me. Only beginning of the article, existing directly in the RSS feed, is shown for every article - probably the links in RSS leading to HTML articles themselves are not followed. Furthermore, there is no TOC. Does perhaps anybody know of a different but more reliable service of this kind?
EDIT: I noticed there actually is TOC but the "arrows" cannot to be used to navigate through it from some reason...

Last edited by janvanmaar; 11-15-2010 at 09:53 AM.
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:46 AM   #109
jokermania
jokermania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
great feature, just discovered and ... already disabled????
my RSS newspaper no more update and web URLs do not work!
jokermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #110
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Use Calibre. There are plenty of options for newspaper and feeds. Just look under "Fetch News"
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #111
jokermania
jokermania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I really appreciate Calibre but I love the chance to update RSS newspaper directly from kindle (especially when I'm not at home with my calibre up&running)

Feedbook newspaper feature was (sob!) a great feature also on vacation.
jokermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #112
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I leave my PC up all the time and keep Calibre running so it's automatic for my feeds to show up on my Kindle.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #113
arvoredo
arvoredo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
This thread is over, since feedbooks is now defunct.

Here is the obituary:
http://www.feedbooks.com/news
arvoredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #114
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow... that is sad news. No wonder I've been having problems downloading stuff from their Kindle guide.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #115
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Are you sure Feedbooks is defunct? Or perhaps only the RSS feed is over.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #116
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Are you sure Feedbooks is defunct? Or perhaps only the RSS feed is over.
True.. the site is still live. Hmm...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 PM   #117
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
True.. the site is still live. Hmm...

BOb
It may be that they have just adopted opds as a way to distribute the books. It is based on ATOM rather than RSS. You can read about it in our wiki.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM   #118
LarryQ
LarryQ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Have you checked www.tomykindle.com? It seems to be focused on RSS too. Btw, can Kindle somehow download stuff by itself, on a regular basis? I think it cannot be that hard to create an app for that.
LarryQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rss kindle feedbooks