Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #421
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Shipped!

UPS Intl, so, it should be here on Monday or Tuesday! \o/.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #422
911jason
Zealot
911jason doesn't litter911jason doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Sorry for probably a dumb question, but when I did the 3.4.n uninstall for my K2us in preparation for sale, nothing seemed to have changed. I still have Georgia 2 as my font for reading and my Home screen's book list. I tried removing the linkfonts folder and that just made everything disappear from the settings menu, so I plugged it back in and copied the folder back. All is fine now, but how can I go back to default Kindle fonts?
911jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 07:25 PM   #423
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Run the latest uninstaller, then restart your Kindle. You should be back to the default fonts. Then remove the linkfonts folder.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #424
911jason
Zealot

Thanks NiLuJe... I will try again and see if I missed something earlier... The only thing I can think of is maybe I used the "install" instead of the "uninstall"... I'll be back momentarily. Don't go anywhere! =)
Old 08-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #425
911jason
Zealot

I think I forgot to restart the Kindle after performing the uninstall update earlier... Just ran the 3.7n uninstall (used 3.4 this morning) and am waiting for it to restart now.
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 07:34 PM   #426
911jason
Zealot

That was it. Stupid newb mistake!

Thanks a ton NiLuJe!
Old 08-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #427
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yes, if you were using one of the first few versions (like 3.4.N, indeed ^^), the restart is key .

(It shouldn't be strictly needed anymore since a few versions though ).
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #428
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Bad news for Kindle 3/FW 3.x:

Couldn't get it jailbreak'ed :/. I've tried a few things, but I don't think there's much I can do... So, until someone finds a way to jailbreak that thing, no hacks ;'(.

(For more info about my failed jb attempts: check this post)
Old 08-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #429
sebchan
sebchan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Droid Fallback

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@sebchan: Fonts + the DroidFallback set that was posted. (check the attachments page of the thread).

@Dharabum: Try the latest uninstaller for SS 0.4 (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...04&postcount=2).
Hi NiLuJe
Where can I find the DroidFallback set? I only found the Droid_Sans.zip....is that it? Thanks.
sebchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #430
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Like I said, it was posted somewhere along the way, check the thread's attachments page .
Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 AM   #431
sebchan
sebchan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 International
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Like I said, it was posted somewhere along the way, check the thread's attachments page .
Hi NiLuJe
I am sorry. I followed the instruction, installed update_fonts_3.6.N_k2i_install.bin, and copied the linkfonts folder, and copied the Sans_Fallback font into the fonts folder, I "update" the Kindle, and I did get a new font, but I still cannot read Chinese character. I have a TXT file that I have created with two Chinese characters, one simplified and one traditional. Both characters appeared as rectangle boxes. What did I do wrong?
sebchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #432
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It's probably not encoded in UTF-8. Switch/convert the character encoding of your file(s) to UTF-8, using a proper text editor .
Old 09-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #433
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
We are on!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97745

I am sure you can do something with this.
Maybe, a short script to install a hacked certificate?

Last edited by test011; 09-07-2010 at 12:58 PM.
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #434
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
We are on!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97745

I am sure you can do something with this.
Maybe, a short script to install a hacked certificate?
Yup. Don't have a K3 myself, but if things are similar to the K2 filesystem, a simple:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

#make root writeable
rwroot

#install key
cat <<EOF > /etc/uks/pubhackkey01.pem
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDJn1jWU+xxVv/eRKfCPR9e47lP
WN2rH33z9QbfnqmCxBRLP6mMjGy6APyycQXg3nPi5fcb75alZo+Oh012HpMe9Lnp
eEgloIdm1E4LOsyrz4kttQtGRlzCErmBGt6+cAVEV86y2phOJ3mLk0Ek9UQXbIUf
rvyJnS2MKLG2cczjlQIDAQAB
-----END PUBLIC KEY-----
EOF

#make root read only
roroot
should do the trick to allow the packages to be signed with Jean-Yves key.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #435
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep, I'll take a look at that ASAP .

EDIT: ASAP being tomorrow, most likely .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-07-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet