Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #25291
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I gave birth to a baby boy 3 months ago! We've named him Alex.
Congratulations!

I think I'll celebrate with a cup of Peet's Major Dickason's coffee and a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #25292
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Thank you, everyone!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #25293
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
No tea yet -- I'll have a cup when I get to my Mom and Dad's for a family get together.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #25294
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Just got back from Total Wine - one of my favorite stores (carries LOTS of beers - domestic & international) - as soon as it chills, I'll be sampling some ginger beer!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #25295
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Fresh coffee in my cup and getting ready to leave for my parent's house. No beer, but I'll be stopping off to purchase some A&W Root Beer for part of my father's Fathers Day gift.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #25296
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I gave birth to a baby boy 3 months ago! We've named him Alex.
Alex? Now that's being a devoted member of MobileRead!

Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
No favorite, as they all taste the same to me.
Chocolate M&Ms do all taste the same. But in the UK, Smarties (a far superior product, IMO) do include some orange oil in the orange ones. Those were always my favourite as a chid.

Coke Zero in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 04:43 PM   #25297
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Chocolate M&Ms do all taste the same. But in the UK, Smarties (a far superior product, IMO) do include some orange oil in the orange ones. Those were always my favourite as a chid.

Coke Zero in my cup.
A product that residents of the US don't understand, since they aren't generally available there. We get them in Canada, and I like them. But having grown up on M&Ms, I still prefer them. (And I know in my head that they all taste the same, but I still prefer the blue ones...)

Diet coke right now. First of the day, and likely the last.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #25298
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
A product that residents of the US don't understand, since they aren't generally available there. We get them in Canada, and I like them. But having grown up on M&Ms, I still prefer them. (And I know in my head that they all taste the same, but I still prefer the blue ones...)

Diet coke right now. First of the day, and likely the last.
these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	smartie.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	107071  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #25299
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
No, smarties a chocolate drops like M&Ms but different. Any British store would sell them.

Four cups of Sencha today. I plan on sampling the Puerh ice tea I made tonight.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #25300
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Just got back from Total Wine - one of my favorite stores (carries LOTS of beers - domestic & international) - as soon as it chills, I'll be sampling some ginger beer!
I lurve Ginger Beer. Have you heard of/tried alcoholic Ginger Beer? We have a brand here called Crabbies. I'm a sucker for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
these?
Like this.

Red wine in my glass at almost 1am. Time for bed.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:28 PM   #25301
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yeah, I have had smarties from over seas. Completely different candy. Closer to M&Ms.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #25302
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Woke up this mornin' feelin' fine
There's somethin' special on my mind
Last night I met a new girl in the neighbourhood, whoa yeah
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good
(Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')

She's the kind of girl who's not too shy
And I can tell I'm her kind of guy
She danced close to me like I hoped she would
(she danced with me like I hoped she would)
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFijHpB-IQQ )

Good morning everyone! A mug of Twinings "English Breakfast" tea beside me, and a big bowl of rice with yellow chicken curry, two hard cooked eggs, and a length of Northern Thai sausage, all bought from the street vendor outside the door of my building. My first 'local' breakfast, and it was hard to decide as there were so many choices on offer. Several vats of different curries and concoctions (that I have absolutely NO idea of what they are) to choose from, all bubbling over burners, a half dozen different sausages and fried chicken cooking, different omelets, etc.,etc. My breakfast choices came out to the grand total of 20 baht. About 65 cents American.... I think I can afford to live here. And there were four different vendors selling side-by-side. I only looked at the first one so far!

Quote:
Hmmm I THINK that makes me feel better about the two pieces of cake that I just had...
Just keep in mind what the body does with the sugar is doesn't 'use' for cellular function....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
*I was going to post like the others and ask if I had also missed your announcement.
Me too, me too! Congratulations, LatinandGreek! Best wishes to little Alex. And best wishes to you too, with your thesis. That was one of the most trying periods of my academic life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
There is no question about it; blue does taste best. Do you remember when they removed the red M&M's because of the Red Dye #? scare?

Another mug of tea, then sit back and wait for the delivery men to start showing up. I did a LOT of shopping yesterday... filled the kitchen with new appliances, (I actually have counter space for appliances!!!) some storage chests, 10K of kitty litter (why carry it myself when I can include it in the delivery for free, right?) and a host of other toys. This is fun!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #25303
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
Some nice tea which will hopefully make me feel better ..
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #25304
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Tea. Later than usual. We were visiting my folks for Father's Day -- it's a bi-iii-ig family, but I'm the only tea drinker.

As far as M&Ms go, they all taste the same to me. But that doesn't stop my OCD from compelling me to sort them all by color, and eat each color separately. It just has to be done.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #25305
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I had no idea that smarties were hard to find in the U.S! They were my favourites as a kid.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?