Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #25261
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
wannabee - I am mostly a coffee drinker and don't have any great suggestions for you. Good Luck on finding just the right one.

pdurrant - Good Luck on your first day at your new job. I spent four years doing an almost 2 hour, each way, commute. There was no public transport, so I had to drive, but after a while learned to love the wind down time before I reached home.
Charlie- Welcome home and on the cost of the brake job
Stitchawl - Dollar stores there too? I wonder if Felicity is meowing because she smells something or another cat smell that was left behind?

I'm glad everyone survived the predicted storms and Vydor Scope I'm glad you have your power back and the AC again.

The day is done, I'm home, and I have my coffee and M&M's. Life is good again.
dreams, you always help me to remember that Life is Good, with your calming posts and upbeat outlook. I just wanted you to know I appreciate that.

Black coffee in my cup. Life is good.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #25262
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Good morning, all! First morning spent in our new home. It worked. Perfectly, except for Felicity running around all night meowing and exploring her new world. She's been remarkably vocal for the last two days. Normally she's very quiet except when she wants food, and then just meowing at us. Maybe she's just singing? After all, she's home too. She was born in Chiang Mai!

Today's the day to visit the local Dollar Stores (or perhaps Baht Store) to pick up all those little things that one needs day to day... mops, brooms, dish drainer, dish towels, kitchen paper and holder...Hmmmm... that reminds me... aluminiumiumium foil, cling wrap... Maybe I'd better make a list.

With the windows open and the front door open too, there is a delightful cross breeze blowing through the house. Nice...

And nice too is sitting here with a big mug of Twinings "English Breakfast" tea. The first morning tea in a new home. I went out last night and bought a temporary mug (a beer stein actually) to hold me over until the household boxes arrive. It's almost big enough to replace my regular mug, but it's right handed...

Stitchawl
Sounds like you are already settled in, and all is well with the world. Long may it remain so. I look out my window at the lovely mature trees and fields to see...the side of a house that has just been squeezed in next to us, and the beautiful trees just a memory .

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
yay got power back... the "big" storm came through with 70mph winds... lasted less 45 mins and some people still do not have power back yet, going on 40 hours out. But tonight, I get to sleep with fans and AC again.
Having no power is a real pain in the bum. Glad to hear you are back on line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
I have a glass tea pot with a place inside that holds the tea with little slits and it drives me crazy filling it. its slow to seep through the slits. i would like a new pot that holds aoutt 4 -6 cups and am open to suggestions as to the type.
should the leaf remain loose or have one of those net things inside?
ceramic or metal? etc.Its mainly just for me. since ive given up the grog i seem to e going through quite a it of tea.
Like dreams, I'm a coffee drinker so can't help there, but I will say good luck with the staying off the booze. I managed three months off last year, and am considering doing it again soon. The trouble is when the sun is shining and the birds singing, a nice cool beer... I'll shut up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
wannabee - I am mostly a coffee drinker and don't have any great suggestions for you. Good Luck on finding just the right one.

pdurrant - Good Luck on your first day at your new job. I spent four years doing an almost 2 hour, each way, commute. There was no public transport, so I had to drive, but after a while learned to love the wind down time before I reached home.
Charlie- Welcome home and on the cost of the brake job
Stitchawl - Dollar stores there too? I wonder if Felicity is meowing because she smells something or another cat smell that was left behind?

I'm glad everyone survived the predicted storms and Vydor Scope I'm glad you have your power back and the AC again.

The day is done, I'm home, and I have my coffee and M&M's. Life is good again.
Coffee and M&M's sounds like fun. I'll have the same, I think, only with Cadbury's Oreo chocolate bar as we are out of M&M's
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #25263
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Coffee, Black. Mug, Christmas.

Today, Bowling! Been years, hope I can remember which direction to throw the ball!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:38 AM   #25264
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

Today, Bowling! Been years, hope I can remember which direction to throw the ball!
Throw it at the pins...not the spectators.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #25265
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Mmm, so everyone's a coffee drinker now. I start most mornings with a pot of coffee next to me at work. That equates to about four cups I suppose. But then it's tea bags. I gues I'll need two tea pots now I think about it. I think I'll pay a visit to Vinnies* and see what they have.

*St Vincent de Paul charity stores
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #25266
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Oolong while feeding Lucas. Yogurt, banana, and toast. Trying blueberry and mango with mixed results. Banana and toast are go to foods.

Two weeks until he is one.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #25267
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Mmm, so everyone's a coffee drinker now. I start most mornings with a pot of coffee next to me at work. That equates to about four cups I suppose. But then it's tea bags. I gues I'll need two tea pots now I think about it. I think I'll pay a visit to Vinnies* and see what they have.

*St Vincent de Paul charity stores
I just put the leaves in the pot and then put a strainer over my mug
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #25268
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll let you all in a secret:

I don't have any cups ...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:50 PM   #25269
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@wannabee: There is no perfect teapot, IME. Find one that you like the look of and that pours well. My personal favourites are the two cast iron "pot belly" tea pots I got a while back. They were expensive, but they work very well indeed. As for something to strain the tea while it steeps? Even though I use a strainer when I make individual cups of tea, it's better not to use a strainer. If you do use one, make sure it is of a sufficient size to allow the water to flow easily around the leaves. The usual "tea ball" strainers are hopeless, IMO.

A lot of people seem to like the Bodum Assam teapots, like this one at Peet's. I haven't tried one, but I like the concept.

In my cup: Imperial Keemun
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #25270
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post

No! No! Don't throw it!!!

Tea. First of the day. Cheers!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #25271
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Soo... yeah, did great! Lowest score is the goal right?
Old 06-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #25272
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Soo... yeah, did great! Lowest score is the goal right?
Especially if your ball ends up "safely" in those gutters between lanes!

Guinness in my glass!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #25273
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Especially if your ball ends up "safely" in those gutters between lanes!

Guinness in my glass!

Then I really nailed it!

LOL - I guess 25+ years away from it made me MUCH better!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #25274
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
dreams, you always help me to remember that Life is Good, with your calming posts and upbeat outlook. I just wanted you to know I appreciate that.

Black coffee in my cup. Life is good.
That is so nice, thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Coffee and M&M's sounds like fun. I'll have the same, I think, only with Cadbury's Oreo chocolate bar as we are out of M&M's
It is my new favorite snack for relaxing after a busy day. M&M's... yum. Now, as I type this, I have a craving for some right now.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_phoenix View Post
I remember the first time I tried bowling. The ball didn't stay on my fingers and went backwards.

Waiting for a fresh cup of coffee and already have my M&M's.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #25275
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Mmm, so everyone's a coffee drinker now................
No, tea now all day and in the evening one cup of coffee.

In my cup: Oranjebitter (orange liquor 40%; left over from the coronation festivities) with sparkling water. It tastes a bit like Campari.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?