Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #16
mgph
mgph began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
thanks so much for all your suggestions. I'm now reading "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" which my grandma used as my bed time stories when I was a kid and I've also read some of its series translated to my language. Really enjoying it though still not fully understand but by guess for some plots

appreciate about your suggestions and will try later your recommended books (hey, I'm quite interested on the topic about hackers @wallcraft thanks :P)
mgph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Asimov write very good prose and his stories are great. A fact I was recently reminded of when listeing to Orson Scott Card talk about Ender's Game.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #18
Jaime_Astorga
Member Retired
Jaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura aboutJaime_Astorga has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-350-SC: Sony Reader Pocket Edition
For learning another tongue, relatively simple and light fiction is best. I recommend something like the Goosebumps series or the Harry Potter books. Or something like Geek Mafia, available freely online. If you are feeling adventurous, try the English translation of Paulo Coelho's The Alchemist; the themes can be a bit complex, but the language is fairly simple and the book is entertaining. Or if you like dystopias, try The Giver by Lois Lowry. Once again, simple language, slightly complicated ideas.

Also, in reading books of the language you wish to learn you have made a good choice. Trust me, English is my second language as well.
Jaime_Astorga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:09 AM   #19
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
english and american english

Someone was correct to mention that American English, and UK English are not exactly the same, there are punctuation differences as well as spelling and slang differences.

I liked the Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer

I would say the young adult section would work out well for you, heck I still get books from there, some good reads from the authors there.

CS Lewis is indeed VERY good.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote