Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
drinkwish
drinkwish began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Unhappy [help]my KT failed to reboot& couldn't be detected

well, as I update My KT to 5.1.0 while previously jail-broken. it worked well, but when I uninstalled font hack, update error 3 occurs.
the i tried several methods to work it out, but of no use.
and the a woser problem come into being when fastboot it's kernel with mmclbk1.img& mmclbk2.img, i used instructions belows:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p2-kt-5.0.0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p2 bs=4K
since then i could no longer use libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0, &my notebook could no longer detect my KT, only a HID-complicant device can be found...
and i have re-install libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0 for many times, but it just make no sense.....
anybody help me ?
drinkwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkwish View Post
well, as I update My KT to 5.1.0 while previously jail-broken. it worked well, but when I uninstalled font hack, update error 3 occurs.
the i tried several methods to work it out, but of no use.
and the a woser problem come into being when fastboot it's kernel with mmclbk1.img& mmclbk2.img, i used instructions belows:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1-kt-5.0.0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=4K
dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p2-kt-5.0.0.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p2 bs=4K
since then i could no longer use libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0, &my notebook could no longer detect my KT, only a HID-complicant device can be found...
and i have re-install libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0 for many times, but it just make no sense.....
anybody help me ?
Depending on whether you ran those commands from main or diags, you probably corrupted the OTHER partition. You cannot write an image to the partition you booted from. There are reports that not specifying a "count" parameter when writing mmcblk0p3 might cause problems, so later posts add "count=1000" to the "dd" command for mmcblk0p3. You SHOULD still be able to get into fastboot mode with MfgTool (unless you somehow damaged the bist u-boot image too), then you can flash the diags kernel (available in first post of "simple debricking" thread, which is where you should have posted THIS instead of starting a new thread).

The worst-case scenario for you is that if you damaged your kindle mmc contents too badly, you need to either connect to the kindle's internal serial port and repair it that way, or write a custom MfgTool profile that can reflash your mmc.

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 04:53 AM   #3
drinkwish
drinkwish began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Depending on whether you ran those commands from main or diags, you probably corrupted the OTHER partition. You cannot write an image to the partition you booted from. There are reports that not specifying a "count" parameter when writing mmcblk0p3 might cause problems, so later posts add "count=1000" to the "dd" command for mmcblk0p3. You SHOULD still be able to get into fastboot mode with MfgTool (unless you somehow damaged the bist u-boot image too), then you can flash the diags kernel (available in first post of "simple debricking" thread, which is where you should have posted THIS instead of starting a new thread).

The worst-case scenario for you is that if you damaged your kindle mmc contents too badly, you need to either connect to the kindle's internal serial port and repair it that way, or write a custom MfgTool profile that can reflash your mmc.

well, when i tried to get into fastboot mode after magic key activated, things went on as before, but when i type "fastboot.exe flash diags mmblck2.img" in cmd, devices can't be detected any more....
i checked the device list after a HID compicant device found, neither usblib-win-bin-12.60 nor a extra NIC which should be introduced by kindle was found
i think i have been in the worst-case scenario that i did damage my kindle mmc contents.....how can i connect to kindle's internal serial port or how to write a MfgTool?...........
drinkwish is offline   Reply With Quote