Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Calibre and loaded ebook count

I have been working on loading all my ebooks in MOBI and EPUB, cleaning them up because some were converted, using a program I no longer use that left their advert on every page, or were just looked/read badly. I've just passed the 3K mark and just realized that I would like to make a printout of what I have. Maybe when I hit 5K. How big is your file?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calibre 01.29.12.png
Views:	180
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	81875  
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagansoul View Post
I've just passed the 3K mark and just realized that I would like to make a printout of what I have. Maybe when I hit 5K.
If you right click the arrow next to the Convert Books icon you'll find an option for creating a catalog of your books in calibre.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
1,230. Years and years worth of reading. I must stop collecting.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #4
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
If you right click the arrow next to the Convert Books icon you'll find an option for creating a catalog of your books in calibre.
Thanks, I did not see this in the calibre video.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
A word of warning, you are reaching a point where the catalog that calibre creates will be massive and take hours to generate.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #6
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
A word of warning, you are reaching a point where the catalog that calibre creates will be massive and take hours to generate.
Lol, with 3k titles and only 512MB RAM (virtual machine), calibre crashed on me when trying to generate a catalog.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
You can customize the data it collects, that will reduce the size dramatically.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Lol, with 3k titles and only 512MB RAM (virtual machine), calibre crashed on me when trying to generate a catalog.
That is OK
The NCX file of that size catalog (980K) crashes my reader if I try and use the Menu (TOC)
4 hours+ to get nothing usable on the reader.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote