Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
sillyearring
sillyearring began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation can't find the wifi spot!

i used a wireless modem to provide internet access for my K4(untouch), and at first time it worked normally. But just after a crush(cause to restart) to my K4, i could not find the wifi name(SSD) i used last time anymore, while other spot names remains available. I've tried to input the spot information(SSD & password) manually but it didn't work.Could anybody please tell me how to solve the problem? thx a lot!
sillyearring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
sillyearring

i also have restarted the machine but it didn't work.
Advert
Old 11-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
To troubleshoot your problem try these steps:
If you have any other wireless devices check them to see if they see your network. Also, take your reader to a McDonalds or other freebie wi-fi location and see if the reader can "see" those networks. If it can then the problem is not in your reader. Did you cycle the modem (turn it off and on again)? My home network was set up for 802.11N and I had a problem getting my new Kindle to see my network until I changed the network to "Mixed" (802.11B, G and N). My new Kindle has 802.11G built in (I read that the Kindle Fire has "N" connectivity. If all else fails calls Amazon Kindle support.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
sillyearring

it just comes to normal without any measure.....thanks for your help anyway, especially the network mode adjustment that i've never tried.