Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Picked up a Kindle Keyboard 3G KSO for $50 at Target.

The Kindle Keyboard 3G KSO is on sale for $99. They have a $50 trade in offer right now. So I dusted off an old camera worth literally nothing, traded it in and got a brand new Kindle for $50. Now I really feel like sucker paying $135 during the summer.

So if you want a new Kindle, you probably won't see cheaper than this for a while. Dig through the garage, find a useless old camera and head over to Target.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Is this something they're offering at all locations? We were just at a Target today, and didn't see anything like this.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

It's national. It's in this week's ad flyer.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
asciibaron
Connoisseur
asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle 4 NT SO
doh...

i bought my wife a Kindle 4 NT SO for Christmas and i liked it so much i bought one for myself today - didn't see the Target deal - i actually like the smaller format version - i have an iPad and tried using that - it's heavy and the glare is nasty on the eyes.

would have liked to saved a few more dollars... maybe i can swing in for a price adjustment
asciibaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
thank your for the heads up. i checked out the program.

i wouldn't exactly say that any old thing would work... lol. they want items that are kind of still in demand... i tried selling searching for how much they'd offer for my ipod, dell laptop, canon camera. all of the offers were hilariously low. i hope others have better luck though
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:38 AM   #6
mikeschr
Connoisseur
mikeschr is on a distinguished road

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara
Those amounts are for trade-ins through the web site - that's not this promotion. The clerks have a code to bump the rebate up to $50, as long as you're trading in a Kindle or camera in working condition.
mikeschr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:11 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeschr View Post
Those amounts are for trade-ins through the web site - that's not this promotion. The clerks have a code to bump the rebate up to $50, as long as you're trading in a Kindle or camera in working condition.
Interesting. According to the flyer, you can only trade in another Kindle.

Quote:
Get $50 coupon to use towards any Kindle when you trade in your old one. ONLY AT STORES WITH TARGET MOBILE(SM). Guest will receive a coupon valued at $50 to use towards the purchase of a Kindle. Coupon must be redeemed for camera or Kindle at time of trade-in transaction. Trade-in values vary by item and condition. Kindles must be in working condition. Visit www.Target.nextworth.com to find Target Mobile store locations, store hours and to value your items. Quantities limited; no rain checks. Terms and conditions apply to Trade-In cards.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
There's not a Target Mobile anywhere near me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Interesting. According to the flyer, you can only trade in another Kindle.
It's for any working camera. If the mobile CSR starts looking up your camera in their system then they are doing it wrong. There's a special promo going on. It's in the system, they just need to check the promo option. Everything is $50.

Look at the fine print in the sales ad. It says trade in a digital camera towards any digital camera or Kindle. If you get resistant, just show them the fine print in the ad.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by travfar View Post
It's for any working camera. If the mobile CSR starts looking up your camera in their system then they are doing it wrong. There's a special promo going on. It's in the system, they just need to check the promo option. Everything is $50.

Look at the fine print in the sales ad. It says trade in a digital camera towards any digital camera or Kindle. If you get resistant, just show them the fine print in the ad.
What I quoted was fine print. So I looked again and blew the page up. I found additional fine print that conflicted with the first fine print. It also said: Trade-in values vary by item and condition.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
asciibaron
Connoisseur
asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle 4 NT SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
What I quoted was fine print. So I looked again and blew the page up. I found additional fine print that conflicted with the first fine print. It also said: Trade-in values vary by item and condition.
i bet there is even finer print that says:

"all offers void if you can't read this"
asciibaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #12
Clawdia
Connoisseur
Clawdia is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle (K3, DXG)
Quote:
The Kindle Keyboard 3G KSO is on sale for $99. They have a $50 trade in offer right now. So I dusted off an old camera worth literally nothing, traded it in and got a brand new Kindle for $50. Now I really feel like sucker paying $135 during the summer.

So if you want a new Kindle, you probably won't see cheaper than this for a while. Dig through the garage, find a useless old camera and head over to Target.
The Target stores around where I live are still charging $139 for the 3G KSO Kindle Keyboard - not $99. Of course, they're all mostly sold out now - checked around and the closest store that had one in stock was an hour away, in Greensboro NC. I'd have loved to be able to get one on sale plus that trade-in coupon - have a K1 that works fine that I'd have traded.

Did anybody see an ad that actually said the 3G model was on sale at $99 at Target?
Clawdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Quote:

Thanks for posting about this. I traded in a very old digital camera and got $50 off a nice camera that was already at a good sale price. I asked about using the coupon towards a Kindle instead and was told no. I didn't push the issue, as they were out of Kindle Fire anyway, and that's the one I would have wanted to get.

I wonder what they are going to do with the items taken in in trade-in?
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote