Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
niimand
niimand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wifi
Statistics on Kindle

Hi,
is there a possibility to get some sort of statistics on Kindle? Like how long i spend reading a book, one page of a book, how many books i´ve finished etc..
If not, i have a task for some skilled coder - do it
niimand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
That would actually be interesting. Maybe Amazon will integrate it in coming upgrades?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
RexGalore
Connoisseur
RexGalore doesn't litterRexGalore doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
I haven't heard about any such feature, sadly. For I have also thought about it and like the idea of getting some stats for my reading.

[OT] Another Swede on the forum, hurray! Never seen another Kindle in real life here in Sweden (except my friend's, he bought one after seeing mine). [/OT]
RexGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #4
niimand

thanx.. now i feel like a full member of big e-ink eye moving family
Old 01-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #5
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I may be mistaken but I thought I read the there is a hidden log file which does keep stats and maybe some like the ones suggested.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #6
niimand

is there? and is it possible to make some "hack" to access it from menu?
Old 01-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #7
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
There is indeed a hidden log file that stores all the information you are looking for, and more besides, but it is probably reset as soon as it is uploaded to Amazon's servers otherwise it would just grow too large.

You can't access the file from the Kindle, but you can through a computer if you connect it through USB. Look through the developer's corner sub-thread for information on where it is.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:22 AM   #8
niimand

i would prefer something more user friendly
Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think Amazon would allow an app that made it common knowledge how much information they are mining from people's reading habits.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
All your highlights and notes are recorded permanently here:

https://kindle.amazon.com/your_reading

Plus, completed books have flash card reviews permanently available here:

https://kindle.amazon.com/refresh/f/1

If you have the Kindle for PC Application, you can go directly from those resources to their location in the book.

Its possible even more information may become available at those two sites.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

If you have the Kindle for PC Application, you can go directly from those resources to their location in the book.

Huh. Neat. Didn't know about that site. Interesting
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

Hmm. Those sites may be a bit buggy??? I tried both and wound up in the same place and both sites allowed me in and while I appear to be logged on, they both "Welcome UNKNOWN" rather than my name.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

Doesn't tell you anywhere near as much information as the secret log files do.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #14
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
[edit]Nevermind[/edit]

Last edited by Tiersten; 01-21-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Ennui with this log topic
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote