Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #21721
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Good morning, everyone! Heavy rains today. Raining cats and dogs!! (I just stepped in a poodle...) I've tried to mix a little Lapsang Souchong into a Ceylon Kandy... no joy... Poured it out and made a fresh cup of just Kandy. Kandy is a Ceylon Dimbula from the Kandy region of Sri Lanka, and I think I'm going to pour it out too... I really should stick to the teas I KNOW I like, but the Mad Scientist in me says 'explore your boundaries!' Balderdash! Give me Keemun tea! Assam tea! Mix some Assam with Ceylon Uva for an English Breakfast tea... I know those are good!
You'd think you'd learn.

One I like for a breakfast tea that includes a bit of Lapsang Souchong is Peet's Scottish Breakfast blend.
Quote:
"This blend combines hearty India teas with the pungent smokiness of Lapsang Souchong.

Evocative of warm hearths and rugged Scottish countrysides, this is a rich, hearty brew. The blend combines India teas with the unmistakable smokiness of Lapsang Souchong. There are multiple leaf sizes in the mixture, ranging from small, flaky broken orange pekoe leaf pieces to long, Souchong grade whole leaves. It's a good tea for cold weather, with its full body, pungent taste, and woodsmoke aroma. "
Not sure how easy or hard it would be to get some there (probably hopeless), but worth a try if you can. Or, take a look for other options that describe themselves similarly. I find it a good morning tea on a cold wet day.
Quote:
But... but... but... Ti Kwan Yin is an Oolong, not a green. I don't understand?
True. But it's so close to green it almost counts, especially the Jade version I have. In the end, though, I went with a Lung Chin.

For me, today, it's work, work, work, and a lot of tea. Starting out with Anniversary Breakfast Blend, but switching to Keemun shortly.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #21722
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Water in my cup, but fresh, warm cornbread on my plate.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #21723
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yum, cornbread sounds good.

Coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #21724
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, cornbread is a special here, only made when we have chili. The two together are a favourite winter food combination.

Lion Mountain Keemun. The bottom of the 1/4 Lb. tin, I'm afraid. Need to order more. I have other Keemuns, but I like this one as a good, everyday, Keemun. Better than the more expensive Keemun Hao Ya 'A' I got from Capitol Tea in Toronto, and way cheaper than the Keemun Xian Zhen that I got from TeaSpring. So I save the Xian Zhen for special.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #21725
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got til its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
And put 'em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half to seem 'em

Don't it always seem to go,
That you don't know what you've got
Til its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bd...eature=related )

Good morning, all! Happy Wednesday! I managed to time my tea correctly this morning, so East India Company's "Assam" tea tastes exactly right. Yippee! That, a bowl of rice with kimchee, and I'm ready to start the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
You'd think you'd learn.
The only thing I've learned from my mistakes is that I don't often learn from my mistakes...

[quote] One I like for a breakfast tea that includes a bit of Lapsang Souchong is Peet's Scottish Breakfast blend.

I guess I'm going to have to order some of that. Winter's coming on fast, and I know those cold, rainy mornings are going to be upon us soon.

I guess I got a jump start on the day... It's an hour earlier than usual. How shall I get the most out of that?!?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #21726
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hope you found something good to do with that extra hour Stitchawl.

I'm just getting ready to make my hot chocolate.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 AM   #21727
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water for me, a bottle for Lucas.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:54 AM   #21728
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is nothing quite like a good Keemun tea in the late afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I hope you found something good to do with that extra hour Stitchawl.
That I did, Dreams! I knew I wasn't going to be walking today. Had too many chores that required me being in the bike, so for that first hour of the morning I went stair climbing and stretching! I climbed 24 flights, stretching after each set of six. (I live on the sixth floor.) Then a quick shower and I was off to do my errands. Now home again and drinking my tea.

Stitchawl
Old 10-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #21729
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Coca-Cola Zero. Getting up at 5:15 to start work at 6:00 is inhumane. I normally don't start until 8:30, but I switched with my co-worker. Seeing my very favorite artist in concert tonight. Worth it!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #21730
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Fresh squeezed orange juice. And about to make a mug of Peet's Scottish Breakfast.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #21731
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
There is nothing quite like a good Keemun tea in the late afternoon!

That I did, Dreams! I knew I wasn't going to be walking today. Had too many chores that required me being in the bike, so for that first hour of the morning I went stair climbing and stretching! I climbed 24 flights, stretching after each set of six. (I live on the sixth floor.) Then a quick shower and I was off to do my errands. Now home again and drinking my tea.

Stitchawl
Whew, you make me tired just thinking about climbing that many flights. Great job keeping up with it, especially since you had met your goal for paragliding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
Coca-Cola Zero. Getting up at 5:15 to start work at 6:00 is inhumane. I normally don't start until 8:30, but I switched with my co-worker. Seeing my very favorite artist in concert tonight. Worth it!
Which artist? *Have a fantastic time. *
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Fresh squeezed orange juice. And about to make a mug of Peet's Scottish Breakfast.
Good Morning!

Coffee in my cup.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #21732
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing right now. Laid back day as I am moving from one contract to another contract. Laid back week actually.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #21733
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Last Coke Zero of the day.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #21734
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
And don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin'.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE )

If the definition of a 'classic' is that it's timeless, this man is a true genius. He's created so many classics...

Good morning, everyone! Can you believe that is already the 25th of the month? Time, you old Gypsy man... Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea (unsullied by any attempts to blend it with Lapsang Souchong) a bowl of rice, fish, pickled vegetables, and miso soup, then I'm out the door. I was putting my camera gear together last night for a long landscape/seascape shoot next week and realized that I ran out of Sensor Swabs a while ago. I'm seeing too many little specks these days when I clean up my photos, so I guess it's time to clean my sensor again. I haven't done it in almost 4-5 months and it shows! And if I'm going to be changing lenses often while outdoors in the wind, I'll probably pick up a lot more. Better to clean it now and not have to worry so much while I'm away. But that means a trip to one of the big downtown camera stores to buy some new sensor swabs and pec-pads. I made my own paddle to fit my sensor so I can always use the pec-pads in a emergency, but I prefer the ease of the pre-made swabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Whew, you make me tired just thinking about climbing that many flights. Great job keeping up with it, especially since you had met your goal for paragliding.
To me, 'goals' are just steps along a path. You know the old saying; 'to light a candle is to cast a shadow?' Well, to reach one goal is to start me on the way to the next. I've decided to get back into the shape I was in 30-35 years ago when I was tournament fencing and fighting. I have no plans to compete again... but who knows? Moving around the world so often, I've thrown away any and all trophies I'd won. Maybe it's time to win some new ones?

Stitchawl
Old 10-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #21735
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Matilda, a yummy limited edition beer from Goose Island.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?