Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Really dumb question about email...

Okay - I just can't seem to figure this out! It's always been a mystery to me on my Android phone, too:

When your email app 'loads' new emails, it loads a certain number of them (like, 20-30 - or whatever what sent 'today', up to a limit). The old ones 'disappear'...but I think they're still on my phone somewhere.

Of course, I can delete these emails in my inbox. It's a bit of a pain, because I can't find a way to 'delete all' at once. Then, when I delete them, I have to delete them twice (since they go into my trash folder).

Here's the big mystery: where is all my email data stored on the Vox? I thought maybe I could go into the mail data folder and just wipe that out every once in a while, but I can't find it anywhere.

Are these emails just stored with the app and you can't see the data files? Hoping some Android experts out there can clear this up for me! Thanks!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
If you select all the check boxes you can at least delete all the checked emails with one delete. I tried everything I could think of to "select all" in the trash folder but no joy. Oddly enough, after you have checked one or more emails, there is now a "deselect all" on the menu

Larry

I checked online and found an email client that has the features you wanted.

It was in 2 different top 10 lists and quite a few posters on one of the anrdoid forums liked it. It's called K-9

http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...64873912511109

I just downloaded and tried it out. Very easy setup. I will see how it goes.

LJ

Last edited by larrymohr; 11-22-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: New Information
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Unless your Vox is you primary email device, I really would not worry about it. Choose how many days of email you want to sync, but manage the email on your computer or where you do most of your email related things. Whatever you do there will be mirrored on your Vox.

For example, I do most of my gmail/email using Thunderbird on my desktop and IMAP, not POP. If I make a change there, it is reflected both on my Vox and in gmail browser/cloud shtuff. It doesn't matter where I am reading/writing email, the changes propagate everywhere.

Last edited by taming; 11-23-2011 at 05:10 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

My emails are not synched. I simply have shaw mail on my shaw server, and then that email is either downloaded to my PC or my phone, and now my Vox. When downloaded to my PC's Outlook, I need to physically delete them, or it takes up space in my mail inbox - and on my PC.

So...what I am trying to figure out is: will my Vox's internal storage will fill up with email data if I don't physically delete each one? I am assuming yes, since that's the case on my PC, but I am not sure what the Vox email app does with the older emails. Since they are not displayed, does that mean they are not stored on my Vox and taking up internal storage space? Are emails only dynamically stored - not physically stored - on the Vox? And what will happen if I never delete one single email in my inbox on my Vox's email app. Will my internal storage eventually fill up with email, or do they drop off? I just don't get the logic behind this!

Last edited by pokee; 11-23-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymohr View Post
If you select all the check boxes you can at least delete all the checked emails with one delete. I tried everything I could think of to "select all" in the trash folder but no joy. Oddly enough, after you have checked one or more emails, there is now a "deselect all" on the menu

Larry

I checked online and found an email client that has the features you wanted.

It was in 2 different top 10 lists and quite a few posters on one of the anrdoid forums liked it. It's called K-9

http://androiddev.orkitra.com/downlo...64873912511109

I just downloaded and tried it out. Very easy setup. I will see how it goes.

LJ
I have K-9 on my phone and I have the same issues with it in regards to deleting emails. So...I've never deleted one single email on my phone. So far, I haven't gotten any messges that my phone has reached it's storage capacity, so they must be dropping off somehow! I've never understood how this worked, since it seems to be different than how Outlook works on my PC...
Advert