Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #181
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
koreader-v2013.03-273-g01d0425.zip is missing koreader_kobo.sh.

Is there any chance of getting KOReader to work with Kobo Launcher?
I find the change in the KoboLauncher ini file to launch KOReader directly from there too dangerous, I ran a few times into the problem of KOReader starting directly from there after a reboot with no chance to connect to USB anymore, so I had to open the device to rewrite the internal SD card. Would be much better if I had one more step where I had to confirm that I really want to run KOReader to prevent this...
Bypass the launcher all together, don't use the .ini file.
Edit /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh and put in it:

#!/bin/sh
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet/start.sh /mnt/onboard
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard

Put it in at the start and you can ignore the rest of the old code. Take out or change the end of line carriage returns Hex (0d) or replace them with linefeeds Hex (0a).

Luck;
Ken

I was thinking of mentioning the idea of having the above preceded by a pop up menu with three selections 1 Launcher 2 KoReader 3 Cancel

That way the issue of the corruption of Koreader's display when called from the launcher would be avoided and the option of using the Launcher for other purposes would be retained. Giorgio mentioned that he was headed off for a holiday so I didn't want to bring it up until he got back.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-11-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: awake now and read "WS64"'s recent posts, sorry
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #182
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
At home I could follow clsdclsd's steps to use USBNET, I can ping the device at 192.168.2.101, but neither Putty nor WinSCP will connect (Connection refused), any idea why?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #183
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
At home I could follow clsdclsd's steps to use USBNET, I can ping the device at 192.168.2.101, but neither Putty nor WinSCP will connect (Connection refused), any idea why?
I thought the ping was to 192.168.2.102? How dumb is that?

I haven't got around to setting those up yet, but I remember that there was a description of the process for the Kobo device here where the launcher was first posted.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-11-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 AM   #184
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I thought the ping was to 192.168.2.102?
I haven't got around to setting those up yet, but I remember that there was a description of the process for the Kobo device here where the launcher was first posted.
Yes, this description: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=48

And I got everything working including the ping, although there is one error, it should not be "Microsoft" but "Microsoft coorporation" (or something like that) in step 6.
Just after that Putty and WinSCP won't connect...
Old 07-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #185
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
WS64: can you paste the usbnet file content ?
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #186
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember portions of the code is licensed from (among others) Adobe.

I doubt their license allows any form of open sourcing
which is all part of the foolish decision they made in the first place. It's not that difficult to separate out the Kobo parts from the Adobe parts - after all, I get to run ADE on my Linux laptop and Android device, too.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #187
WS64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgm999 View Post
WS64: can you paste the usbnet file content ?
Which file?
start.sh is the one you posted earlier.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #188
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

I apologize for confusion. That one sets for ssh port 2. Replace 2 with 22 and try again
"telnet 192.168.2.101 22" to see if you get ssh banner , then putty etc
Old 07-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #189
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Another factor is DRM. We may not like DRM, Kobo may or may not like DRM, but the publishers seem to love it. DRM is kinda hard to enforce when someone can modify the code to circumvent it, modify the code to dump encryption keys to disk, etc..
And yet I can run ADE on my Linux laptop.

Quote:
Besides, the quality of the software depends mostly upon the people maintaining it. Open source software does well when there is strong leadership and talented developers. Proprietary software does well when there is strong leadership and talented developers. Because of this, we see excellent software on both sides of the fence. In other words, don't expect open source to be some sort of pancea.
Again, you're reading far too much into a simple statement. If Nickle had been open-sourced, none of the above would have changed: but we'd have been working on nickle-forks instead of having to work around nickle.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #190
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Markismus:

For wireless off / on , I assume you have scripts in the right location (what koreader-debug_cmd.sh executes)
for screeninversion you need to execute koreader with LD_PRELOAD and the screenInv.so file

[root@KOBO_AURAHD koreader]# tail koreader_kobo.sh

while :; do
LD_PRELOAD=/root/screenInv.so ./reader.lua /mnt/onboard
sleep 1
done
I can't find the scripts start-/stop-wireless.sh. So that would explain the lack of function.

As soon as I add LD_Preload the KOReader reboots on me. I've tried it with your while_do_done-loop, with just adding prefixing the command in the script and by changing your koreader-debug.cmd.sh command "echo t > /tmp/invertScreen" with "t" instead of just t. Oddly this last change would take me into the Filemanager of KOreader, but only to reboot as I opened a pdf-file.

Another test was to give the echo-command via telnet. It didn't inverse my screen, but it also didn't result in an error. Also, the screenInv.so file was in the right location. So I don't know what else I can try.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #191
cgm999
Enthusiast

Attached zip with my stop/start wireless scripts.
As for screenInv.so , first get ssh working then run reader.lua manually from koreader folder like this and see if is giving any errors

(also make sure you are doing chmod a+rx /root//screenInv.so one time)

kobo_shell# cd /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/
kobo_shell# LD_PRELOAD=/root/screenInv.so ./reader.lua /mnt/onboard/test1.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: zip w.zip (875 Bytes, 287 views)
Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #192
WS64

Quote:
I apologize for confusion. That one sets for ssh port 2. Replace 2 with 22 and try again
"telnet 192.168.2.101 22" to see if you get ssh banner , then putty etc
Actually now I am confused
Where is it set for port 2?
In WinSCP and Putty I tried 22 all the time, not 2, and I can't see anywhere in your start.sh that it points to port 2.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #193
cgm999
Enthusiast

the last line with
dropbear -p 2
that means sshd dropbear uses port 2.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #194
WS64

Quote:
the last line with
dropbear -p 2
that means sshd dropbear uses port 2.
Thanks, works now, both Putty & WinSCP!

One more question, in the koreader directory I created a file called USBNETkoreader.sh
The content is
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet /mnt/onboard
/mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/koreader_kobo.sh /mnt/onboard
In kobo_launcher.ini I have an entry
USBNET/KOReader = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/koreader/USBNETkoreader.sh /mnt/onboard
When I start this I see Koreader starting (and of course crashing after a key click).
What I don't see is USBNET starting after connecting the USB cable, no PING, nothing.
Something wrong here?
Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #195
cgm999
Enthusiast

I assume mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet is the right file? (from putty
ls -la /mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/usbnet ) and you have the good modules
(I've posted earlier some script I think that I use for usbnet)