Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Does my Vox have a defective battery?

I am a little nervous now Things were going so well...

Used it last night and it was at 90% charged when I went to bed. Tried turning it on this morning and it was completely dead.

Checked the settings...accidentally did leave the wifi on, but it was in standby. My iPad does not behave this way...

So, will it really drain overnight, in standby like that, and it's my fault for leaving the wifi on? Or is mine defective?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Generally, mine will last overnight with lots of power left by morning as long as the wifi is off. The wifi will use up the battery pretty quickly if left on.. Get the power control widget onto your home screen and you can easily turn off the wifi when you're not using it...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Graycee
Enthusiast
Graycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura aboutGraycee has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura, Kindle (2014)
My battery wears down fast when the wifi is on.
Graycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
I try to remember to put my WiFi in airplane mode whenever I don't actually need it. Next time you see the battery has run down excessively in sleep mode, go to Settings/About Kobo eReader/Battery Use and click the battery graph at the top. It will show full screen how the battery has been discharging and what was doing it.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
MegaSilver
MegaSilver began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Whenever I turn WiFi off, I set Sleep-of-Death
MegaSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
kodak2057
kodak2057 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Whenever I turn WiFi off, I set Sleep-of-Death
I do too! it sucks because it seems like it drains itself if you don't
kodak2057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
someone posted about fixing SOD recently, I don't know how to link to the post but it was recently
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
SOD Fixed
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
GJSmith
Connoisseur
GJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it isGJSmith knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Vox
Sleep of death can be fixed by unplugging the battery. Not removing just slide the connector with a fingernail and leave it for a couple of minutes. I have had mine drain several times since doing this and have still not had SOD recur.
As for draining with WIFI on over night. I finally got Watch Dog, an app that lets you monitor what activities are going on and then control them. I found that the Yahoo mail App is checking in the background even if I have just turned on the Vox and not used the mail app. Also Kobo reader app once activated will continue to check in the background if wifi is on.
GJSmith is offline   Reply With Quote