Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 06:06 AM   #1
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Free 2011 Barry Award Nominee Short Stories [Mystery]

Quote:
In 1997, the editorial staff of Deadly Pleasures decided that since one of the magazine's stated goals was to search out and report on the best works being published in the field of crime fiction each year, it would be a natural fit to present awards for excellence. Then came the dilemma of what to name the award. At the time all associated with the magazine were still reeling from the untimely death of Barry Gardner, who was arguably the best fan reviewer on the planet, so it was decided to name the award after him so as to keep his memory alive (not unlike what Bouchercon and its Anthony awards have done for writer/critic Anthony Boucher, who also suffered an untimely and early death). For a biography of Barry Gardner, click on his name above.
Quote:
Six short stories nominated for the 2011 Short Story Barry Award. Just click on the titles below to read the stories:
Mitch Alderman, Requiem for Antlers (AHMM Jan.-Feb. 2010)
Robert Barnard, Family Values (EQMM Feb. 2010)
Caroline Benton, The Body in the Dunes(EQMM Jan. 2010)
Loren D. Estleman, The List(EQMM May 2010)
Terence Faherty, The Seven Sorrows (EQMM Mar.-Apr. 2010)
Ellen Larson, When the Apricots Bloom(AHMM July-Aug. 2010)
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Thank you! I bundled them together using Instapaper, and had them sent to my Kindle (no reading at the computer and no copying-and-pasting )
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Thank you! I bundled them together using Instapaper, and had them sent to my Kindle (no reading at the computer and no copying-and-pasting )
i should do that too xP
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:39 AM   #4
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Instapaper?

I looked at the Instapaper Web site and FAQ, but I don't see anything about bundling, and I still have no idea what the program actually does or how it would work in conjunction with an e-reader. Can you enlighten?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:49 AM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Instapaper?

I looked at the Instapaper Web site and FAQ, but I don't see anything about bundling, and I still have no idea what the program actually does or how it would work in conjunction with an e-reader. Can you enlighten?
i think she means to create a folder in instapaper, save them there, then download the folder and transfer it to the kindle

instapaper is great. you bookmark the "read later" link, then you can save any web page to instapaper and have the unread sent to your kindle. what i do, especially with free online novels, is to create a folder in instapaper, save them there and download and transfer via usb to kindle
Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
So is it any different from saving the Web page(s) to my computer?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Thanks NightBird!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #8
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
So is it any different from saving the Web page(s) to my computer?
well, instapaper formats it rather nicely, so it's less of a headache than doing it yourself (copy/pasting)
Old 06-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i think she means to create a folder in instapaper, save them there, then download the folder and transfer it to the kindle
thanks for explaining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
instapaper is great. you bookmark the "read later" link, then you can save any web page to instapaper and have the unread sent to your kindle. what i do, especially with free online novels, is to create a folder in instapaper, save them there and download and transfer via usb to kindle
I love Instapaper, and I do the exact same thing with the free romances on the Harlequin site
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
YW and thanks for reminding me about this. It would save a few steps. They have an app for iPod, too. It will all depend on how I like their reader, but it would be nice to have the stories in just one place instead of scattered around.

YW, GA.

Last edited by NightBird; 06-17-2011 at 04:51 PM.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote