Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
robin58
Enthusiast
robin58 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, Nook ST
Stand alone server - Chrome errors

I've noticed since the last update that when attempting to access my calibre-server using Google's Chrome browser that it can no longer handle the "Newest" button and simply becomes unresponsive.

It will do the same if trying while using the incognito option (which has the result of disabling all plugins/extensions). All the other options from the main server page displayed will function.

I've also verified that "newest" works with both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Any ideas?

ETA: I've tried this on several computers. None have issues using any browser other than Chrome. All of them hang up using Chrome when selecting "Newest"

Last edited by robin58; 02-18-2013 at 02:17 PM.
robin58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There were no changes to the content server in the last update. And the Newest link still works for me in Chrome (v24.something.something). So I can't really help.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
robin58
Enthusiast

Well I'm stumped.

I know my Java just updated so I uninstalled that and reinstalled it in case that was the issue. Still the same problem. Would you be agreeable if I PM'd you my server url to test it with your Chrome and other browsers to see if it's my end with my browsers or something else?

BTW I was looking at the page source and it seemed to me like there was an extra </ul> tag without the initial preceeding <ul> tag. Could something like that cause it to hang?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin58 View Post
Well I'm stumped.
Try rebooting the computer running the content server.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
robin58
Enthusiast

Done that numerous times. Not a solution, but I ended up rolling back and all is working.

I had tried again with 0.9.19 and same result so have just given up for the time being with updating.
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure if you PM me a link to the server, I'll take a look.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
robin58
Enthusiast

Kovid, I just wanted to thank you for your incredibly quick attention and resolution.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome