Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-20-2015, 12:17 AM   #856
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I know that mistake myself very well, too. Thank you very much.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #857
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V2.0.3 - Fix when iOS device connected

I have uploaded version 2.0.3 of the plugin. The main change is a fix for the problem that Terisa reported. Connecting an iOS device with the iOS and Marvin plugins active should no longer cause a problem.

I also made a change to the way that the backup files are deleted. If the option to put the database inside the backup zip file was changed, the earlier database files would not get deleted. This should solve this problem for most files. But, if you changed this option a while ago, it might leave some of the older database files behind.

I have also changed the logging in the database backup job. As I have not been able to reproduce the problems reported a week or so ago with the backup, I need some logs. If you see a problem with the backup, please run calibre in debug mode and post the log file for me to look at. Hopefully I will be able to see what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:38 AM   #858
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As I have not been able to reproduce the problems reported a week or so ago with the backup, I need some logs.
Do you mean what I reported in #846?
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #859
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This is the debug log for the last device connection (the backup mistake is still there):

Spoiler:
Job: 5 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dispositivo Kobo started
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - start
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_options= {'database_file': u'M:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', u'backupZipDatabase': True, u'backupEachCOnnection': False, 'device_path': 'M:\\', 'serial_number': '514A394910004', u'backupDestDirectory': u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos', 'backup_file_template': 'KoboReader-{0}-{1}-{2}', u'doDailyBackp': True, u'backupCopiesToKeepSpin': 5, 'device_name': 'KoboAura'}
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - copies_to_keep= 5
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].sqlite
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].sqlite
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= []
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_name=KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-222655
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_path=D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-222655.sqlite
DEBUG: 0.0 do_device_database_backup - database_file=M:\.kobo\KoboReader.sqlite
Job: 4 Enviar metadatos al dispositivo finished
No hay detalles disponibles.
DEBUG: 6.6 do_device_database_backup - config_backup_path=D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-222655.zip
DEBUG: 6.7 do_device_database_backup - config_file=M:\.kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf
DEBUG: 6.7 do_device_database_backup - version_file=M:\.kobo\version
DEBUG: 6.7 do_device_database_backup - affiliate_file=M:\.kobo\affiliate.conf
DEBUG: 6.7 do_device_database_backup - ade_file=M:\.adobe-digital-editions
DEBUG: 6.8 do_device_database_backup - adding database to zip file=D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-222655.sqlite
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - copies to keep:5
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - backup_file_search= KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - db_backup_file_search= D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].sqlite
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= [u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20141213-115501.sqlite', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20141214-090821.sqlite', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20141216-213238.sqlite', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20141220-122230.sqlite', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150106-214019.sqlite']
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= []
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - len(backup_files) - copies_to_keep= 0
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - config_backup_file_search= D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].zip
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= [u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150115-223745.zip', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150117-110343.zip', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150118-110216.zip', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150119-063911.zip', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-221911.zip', u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150120-222655.zip']
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - backup_files= [u'D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150115-223745.zip']
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - len(backup_files) - copies_to_keep= 1
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - removing backup file: D:/Biblioteca Kindle/Base de datos\KoboReader-KoboAura-514A394910004-20150115-223745.zip
DEBUG: 8.5 do_device_database_backup - Removing old backups - finished
DeviceJob: 5 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dispositivo Kobo done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 5 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dispositivo Kobo callback returned
Job: 6 Almacenando la posición de lectura para 311 libros started
DEBUG: 8.5 do_koboutilities - start
DEBUG: 8.5 do_koboutilities - options={u'rating': False, u'promptToStore': True, u'backgroundJob': True, u'readingStatus': False, 'device_database_path': u'M:\\.kobo\\KoboReader.sqlite', u'storeBookmarks': True, 'supports_ratings': True, u'doNotStoreIfReopened': True, u'setDateToNow': False, 'job_function': 'store_current_bookmark', u'storeIfMoreRecent': True, u'count_selected_books': 0, 'allOnDevice': True, u'clearIfUnread': False}
DEBUG: 8.5 do_koboutilities - len(books_to_scan)=311
Worker Launch took: 0.612000226974
DEBUG: 9.2 do_koboutilities - Job not finished
Job: 5 Haciendo copia de seguridad de la base de datos del dispositivo Kobo finished
No hay detalles disponibles.
Job: 7 Store locations finished
Old 01-20-2015, 04:39 PM   #860
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

And a comment for the daily backup: if I've activated the option for zipping together database backup and config file, I don't have any sqllite file, only zip.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:12 PM   #861
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And a comment for the daily backup: if I've activated the option for zipping together database backup and config file, I don't have any sqllite file, only zip.
Isn't the database file in the zip file? It should be in there as "KoboReader.sqlite".

And the log told me what the problem with the daily backups is. The code is checking if a backup file exists for the day. But, it only checks for the database file. If the "add database to the zip file" option is selected, the database file won't be there and it will run the backup each time. I'll fix this tonight.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:26 AM   #862
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

davidfor, I don't explain well in my mother tongue, so you can guess in English . What I intended to tell is that there's no sqlite file out of zip file.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:34 AM   #863
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Funny; with backup on every connect I am seeing the SQL file in the zip. (And boy... does it compress nicely!)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:53 AM   #864
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
davidfor, I don't explain well in my mother tongue, so you can guess in English .
You do yourself a disservice. There are a lot of native English speakers here who are a lot worse than you.

But...
Quote:
What I intended to tell is that there's no sqlite file out of zip file.
I'm confused. So:

- If the "Compress database with config files" option is selected, there should only be one file, the zip file. It should contain "KoboReader.sqlite".
- If the "Compress database with config files" option is not selected, there should be two files, the database and the zip file. The two files should have the same name.

Your log shows the option is selected. That means there should be only the zip file and the database should be inside it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Funny; with backup on every connect I am seeing the SQL file in the zip. (And boy... does it compress nicely!)
How well it compressed is what convinced me it was a good idea.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:07 AM   #865
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But...

I'm confused. So:

- If the "Compress database with config files" option is selected, there should only be one file, the zip file. It should contain "KoboReader.sqlite".
That's what I mean, there's a zip file with sqlite file inside it. So, if it's looking for a sqlite, it isn't going to find it (the problem you've discovered).
Old 01-21-2015, 06:00 AM   #866
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V2.0.4 - Fix daily backup timing

Thanks to the debug log from Terisa, I have fixed the problem with when the backup is run if the daily backup is selected and the add database to zip file option was selected. That's the only change in this release. Calibre should announce it in the next hour or so.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:45 PM   #867
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you, davidfor. The iPad connection (no error) and the database backup (only one) work OK.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:28 PM   #868
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
So I posted this in the wrong thread before. Lets try again:

I'm having a problem where the plugin does not seem to set the "percent read" to 0% on unread books. The field simply remains empty if the book has not been opened on my reader.

Is this the intended behavior? From what I read from the help file, it does not appear to be. All check boxes in the "store bookmarks" dialog screen are blank.

BTW, should there be any issues with saving the ebook states from my Glo, and then restore them to my soon-to-arrive H2O?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:36 PM   #869
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
So I posted this in the wrong thread before. Lets try again:
And of course I found this right after posting an answer there. I'll copy it here so it doesn't get lost.
Quote:
I'm having a problem where the plugin does not seem to set the "percent read" to 0% on unread books. The field simply remains empty if the book has not been opened on my reader.

Is this the intended behavior? From what I read from the help file, it does not appear to be. All check boxes in the "store bookmarks" dialog screen are blank.
Yes, it is deliberate. On the device, the reading state is store as, unread, reading and finished (there is a fourth state, but I don't think it is used anymore). The percent read is separate and normally only set if the book is being read. By not setting the percent read in the library, it indicates that the book has not been started on the device. And you can find these books with the search "#percentread:false" (with appropriate change for the column name and check that I have the syntax correct).

There are also performance reasons to do this. It means I don't need to retrieve the status of the unread books on the device, and update the calibre library.

And I just reread the help. It is badly worded. That bit is only for the restore. If the percent read is not set in the library, the book will be marked as unread on the device.
Quote:
BTW, should there be any issues with saving the ebook states from my Glo, and then restore them to my soon-to-arrive H2O?
Yes it can. When I started the store function, I realised very quickly that if I change how one item was stored, it could be restored to another device. I don't use it very often, but, I have tested it with my Glo and Touch with no problems.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 PM   #870
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Right, now that we're in the correct thread...

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

Just means that when I go to load my books on to my (still)-soon-to-arrive H2O, I need to add a temporary "ondevice" tag to the ebooks that are currently also on my glo, so I know which books to transfer. Easy enough.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities