Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
wondergirl
wondergirl began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Calibre Support for Kobo update 2.1.1.

There has been a firmware release for the kobo touch v. 2.1.1 that was released on August 24th, 2012, and I was wondering as Calibre is not updated to work 100 percent with this firmware, when we can expect an update to be compatible. I got a msg in the most recent version of Calibre that while it can side load the books, it cannot delete/etc. from the device.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by wondergirl; 08-29-2012 at 10:36 PM.
wondergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl View Post
There has been a firmware release for the kobo touch v. 2.1.1 that was released on August 24th, 2012, and I was wondering as Calibre is not updated to work 100 percent with this firmware, when we can expect an update to be compatible. I got a msg in the most recent version of Calibre that while it can side load the books, it cannot delete/etc. from the device.
I responded to your post in the Kobo firmware thread with a pointer for instructions.

But, I have just realised, calibre has had that message for nearly two months. Have you not used calibre in that time, not updated calibre, or have you gone from a very old firmware to the latest, not officially released version?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
wondergirl

davidfor:

I have the most recent version of calibre being 0.8.66 and the kobo touch firmware 2.1.1
and I use calibre daily
Old 08-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
wondergirl

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77#post2203677

got it to work
Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
spiritanointed
spiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura aboutspiritanointed has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
Clicking "attempt to support newer firmware" worked for me too, but only kind of.

After adding a new book to my KT, disconnecting KT, 75% of the time it doesn't process the content, and when it doesn't, the new book I added doesn't really show up on my KT.
It will look like it's there, the cover will be on my homepage, but then when I click to read the book, KT will smile at me and think and think and think, then go back to home and the recently added book will have disappeared.

Now, 25% of the time, KT *will* process content after I disconnect, but I'd really rather that be 100%! Sometimes I'm in a hurry, peeps ;D

Anyway, will there ever be a calibre fix for this I wonder???? It would be super!
spiritanointed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
FYI, Kobo Developers Stress Not to Upgrade to Kobo Touch 2.1.1 Firmware.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote