Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
18Coaster
18Coaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
condense multible .mobi files to make one readable book on Kindle 2

Hello all I downloaded a html book which I converted to .mobi format. I have over 25 files (the chapters ) is there a way to condense all of these files to one file that the Kindle will read in order?

Thanks... I hope all is well on your side of the screen Happy reads

Steve
18Coaster
18Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I answered this before they moved it so my answer got deleted.

Zip the files into a zipped folder and then use calibre to convert to a single book. Of course one of the files will have to contain links to the other files (like a table of contents) otherwise the conversion will be a mess. Alternatively I think you could send the zipped file to Amazon for conversion if you don't want to use calibre.
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
18Coaster
18Coaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello Jack I see from your sign on your also a ham.. I am n4jrw Steve. The files all have a designator .1 2 etc after the file number I'll see what Amazon has to say on the converstion thing either that or go cheap and downloand to my kindle 25 times. My best to Texas
73 Steve
18Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Another option is to use Mobi Creator. Simply add all your 25 HTML files to the book and then build it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote