Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #1
Perceval Blake
Perceval Blake began at the beginning.

Device: EPUB on KOBO
[HowTo] Get song chord to be shown above lyrics

Hi,

I want to create a numerical version of my favorite songs to be able to play them on guitare from my Kindle.

I would like to achieve something like that: http://www.boiteachansons.net/Partit.../Amsterdam.php

I tried many possibility without success : Impossible to show the guitare chords above the corresponding text on my kindle/kobo devices (even if Sigil preview them correctly).
I use EPUB2.

Here is m CSS:

Code:
.song div {
float:left;
}

.song.r {
width:100%;
font-weight: bold;
margin-bottom:1.7em;
}

.song.c {
width:100%;
margin-bottom:1.1em;
}

.song em {
display:table-row;
font-style:normal;
text-decoration:underline;
}

.song p {
display:inline;
margin: 0;
float: left;
margin-left: 1%;
margin-right: 1%;
}

.song p div {
display:inline-table;
float:none;
vertical-align:bottom;
}

.song span {
display: none;
}

.show-chords span {
display:table-row;
color:#00F;
font-style: italic;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 0.8em;
margin-left:1em;
}
And Here is a lyrics page:

Code:
<body>
<div class="song_header">
<span class="title">Puisque tu pars</span>
<a class="author" href="goldman_toc.xhtml">Goldman</a>
<a class="level" href="level2_toc.xhtml">Intermediaire</a>
<a class="home" href="../index.xhtml">Home</a>
</div>
<div class="song c">
<p class="show-chords">
<div><span>Ré</span><em>Pui</em></div>sque l'ombre gagne,
<br/>puisqu'il <div><span>Sim</span><em>n'est</em></div> pas de montagne
<br/>Au-de<div><span>Sol</span><em>là</em></div> des vents,
<br/>plus haute que les mar<div><span>Mim</span><em>ches</em></div> de l'oubli
<br/><div><span>La</span><em>Pui</em></div>squ'il faut apprendre,
<br/>à <div><span>Ré</span><em>défaut</em></div> de le compr<div><span>Sol</span><em>end</em></div>re
<br/><div><span>Mim</span><em>A rê</em></div>ver nos désirs et vivre de<div><span>La</span><em>s "</em></div>ainsi soit-il"
<br/><div><span>Ré</span><em></em></div>
</p>
<p>
<div><span>Ré</span><em>Et</em></div> puisque tu penses
<br/>Comme une <div><span>Sim</span><em>in</em></div>time évidence
<br/>Que p<div><span>Sol</span><em>arf</em></div>ois même tout donner
<br/>n'est pas f<div><span>Mim</span><em>orc</em></div>ément suffire
<br/><div><span>La</span><em>Pui</em></div>sque c'est ailleurs
<br/>Qu'i<div><span>Ré</span><em>ra</em></div> mieux battre <div><span>Sol</span><em>ton</em></div> cœur
<br/><div><span>Mim</span><em>Et</em></div> puisque nous t'aimons trop pour te re<div><span>La</span><em>ten</em></div>ir
<br/>Puisque tu <div><span>Ré</span><em>par</em></div>s
</p>
</div>
<div class="song c">
<p class="show-chords">
<div><span>Do</span><em>Que</em></div> les vents te mènent
<br/>où d'au<div><span>Lam</span><em>tres</em></div> âmes plus belles
<br/> Sauront <div><span>Fa</span><em>t'ai</em></div>mer mieux que nous
<br/>puisque l'on <div><span>Rém</span><em>ne</em></div> peut t'aimer plus
<br/><div><span>Sol</span><em>Que</em></div> la vie t'apprenne
<br/> Mais que <div><span>Do</span><em>tu</em></div> restes le <div><span>Fa</span><em>mêm</em></div>e
<br/> Si <div><span>Rém</span><em>tu</em></div> te trahissais,
<br/>nous t'aurions <div><span>Sol</span><em>tout</em></div> à fait perdu
<br/> (Mais pas trop <div><span>Do</span><em>tard)</em></div>
</p>
</div>
<div class="song r">
<p class="show-chords">
<div><span>Sol</span><em>Dan</em></div>s ton histoi<div><span>Do</span><em>re,</em></div> garde en mémoir<div><span>Lam</span><em>e</em></div>
<br/> Notre au revo<div><span>Fa</span><em>ir</em></div> puisque tu <div><span>Rém</span><em>pars</em></div>
<br/> <div><span>Sol</span><em></em></div>
</p>
</div>
<div class="song c">
<p>
<div><span>Do</span><em>J'a</em></div>urais pu fermer, oubli<div><span>Lam</span><em>er</em></div> toutes ces portes
<br/><div><span>Fa</span><em>Tou</em></div>t quitter sur un simple geste, mais tu<div><span>Rém</span><em> ne</em></div> l'as pas fait
<br/><div><span>Do</span><em>J'a</em></div>urais pu donner tant d'a<div><span>Lam</span><em>mou</em></div>r et tant de force
<br/><div><span>Fa</span><em>Mai</em></div>s tout ce que je pouvais, ça n'était <div><span>Rém</span><em>pas</em></div> encore assez
</p>
<p class="show-chords">
Reprise 02 : (2x)
<br/> Pas ass<div><span>Do</span><em>ez,</em></div> pas as<div><span>Lam</span><em>sez</em></div>, pas ass<div><span>Fa</span><em>ez</em></div>
<br/> <div><span>Rém</span><em></em></div>
</p>
</div>
</body>
All help will be greatly accepted !
Perceval Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Have a look at this old thread. It describes two methods for creating interlinear text.
With some fiddling one of them might work for your purposes.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2017, 10:00 PM   #3
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Also, here is a thread where we discussed this exact problem. Although looking at it, all the pictures of the results are no longer showing... I wonder what happened??

In any case, it worked really well - at least in Sigil. I didn't test on anything else.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
why not buy a kindle songbook, or download a sample, then reverse engineer it - use their code
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Also, here is a thread where we discussed this exact problem. Although looking at it, all the pictures of the results are no longer showing... I wonder what happened??

In any case, it worked really well - at least in Sigil. I didn't test on anything else.
Since you posted the images, can you fix them?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since you posted the images, can you fix them?
No. That's what I meant by "I don't know what happened." The pictures are no longer there.

Just imagine perfect verse with the chord being directly above a specified word...it was quite fun to create.

I imagine the OP could just copy/paste the CSS and HTML to recreate the image...
Old 05-22-2017, 01:17 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No. That's what I meant by "I don't know what happened." The pictures are no longer there.
If I am not mistaken, the images came from Dropbox.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
I imagine the OP could just copy/paste the CSS and HTML to recreate the image...
Yes, I do know where I put the images....they are no longer there......
Old 05-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Do you still have the images?
Old 05-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #10
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you still have the images?
Quote:
Quote:
One more time:
I do know where I put the images... in dropbox.

The images are no longer there... in dropbox.

I do not have them in a box. I do not have them with a fox...

I imagine the OP (or anyone) could just copy/paste the CSS and HTML to recreate the image... If you wish to do that and PM the images to me, I'd be glad to try and re-post them in the appropriate message.

Last edited by Turtle91; 05-26-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:54 AM   #11
Perceval Blake
Perceval Blake began at the beginning.

Device: EPUB on KOBO
Thks for all your time,

I will try the solution mentionned above right now and let you know if my problem is solved

EDIT: I know for sure that "display:inline-block" is not supported by epub (and my kobo device) -> already tried.
I try right now the <sup>/<sup> way to go and let you know.

EDIT: It is working !!! Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited by Perceval Blake; 05-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Perceval Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #12
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceval Blake View Post
Thks for all your time,

I will try the solution mentionned above right now and let you know if my problem is solved

EDIT: I know for sure that "display:inline-block" is not supported by epub (and my kobo device) -> already tried.
I try right now the <sup>/<sup> way to go and let you know.

EDIT: It is working !!! Thanks a lot guys.
No worries - glad you got it working!

Just a little clarification: "display:inline-block" is supported by epub - it works fine on my device. I would think that if there was an issue it was with the Kobo.