Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
RobWRX
RobWRX began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Please Help!!!

I have searched through some of the forums and have not really found the answer that I am looking for, so I thought I would create a new post and hopefully someone can help me out.

I have received a Kindle Fire for Xmas :-) the problem that I am having is that I have downloaded a bunch of books, over 1000 of them and they are in .MOBI format. As far as I have read the Kindle Fire can read files in this format with no problem. I have hooked my Fire up to my computer using a mini USB cable and transfered a couple of books into the Fire under "BOOKS" which is where I figured they would go, except when I turn on my Fire nothing shows up under the BOOKS link on the Fire.
Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong. I would really like to get these books to load properly onto the Kindle and I just can't figure it out for the life of me.
Thank you for any help you can provide me.
RobWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Did you look under the Documents category? Sideloaded MOBI's can show up there rather than in Books. Also, try powering off the Fire and then back on.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #3
TechnoCat
Zealot
TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'TechnoCat gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Kindle Fire
You will eventually want Calibre, an ebook library management, converter and publishing tool (as well as web-scraper so you can grab sites for offline use.)

My suggestion: Download Calibre, let it manage your ebook library and fix up the .MOBI files (some are very likely not fully Kindle friendly), and use it to send them to the Fire via USB. That will make your whole Kindle life much easier.

And, as a special bonus, there is a very helpful Calibre forum here in MobileRead!
TechnoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoCat View Post
You will eventually want Calibre, an ebook library management, converter and publishing tool (as well as web-scraper so you can grab sites for offline use.)

My suggestion: Download Calibre, let it manage your ebook library and fix up the .MOBI files (some are very likely not fully Kindle friendly), and use it to send them to the Fire via USB. That will make your whole Kindle life much easier.

And, as a special bonus, there is a very helpful Calibre forum here in MobileRead!
Also, what I did was to change the MOBI output tag to [EBOK] and then re-converted (yeah, I know, it sounds weird). Calibre moved the books over for me, and even tho they are in the Documents folder, they show up under Books on the KF.

I second (or third?) the suggestion about Calibre. Great program!!
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote