Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Katem
Katem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Pocket reader - urgent need for info

I'm a Kindle user, but just bought a SONY Pocket e-reader for my library. Two questions - it came loaded with 11 titles IN GERMAN, and I don't know how to delete them.

My second question - the manual that came with it is very skimpy, and unlike the Kindle, it didn't come loaded with any additional user information. Is there a source for a more complete instruction or user manual? tips?

We're having a technology petting zoo at the library tomorrow, and will have the Nook, the Kindle, and this SONY reader available, and I'd like to be able to answer questions, and load it with some books in English before tomorrow morning.

thanks!
Katem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Get the manual from here;

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...l=PRS300&LOC=3

You can manually delete books from the reader by:
  1. Open book
  2. Select menu option #9, Utilities
  3. Select menu option #2, Delete Book

Or you can use the Sony Reader Library program to delete the books.
Advert
Old 06-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Welcome !

Which Sony reader did you buy ?
On my PRS-900 there is one option to delete books directly on the reader. Or you may install the Sony Library software, coonect the reader and delete the books using the library software.

About the manual. Have you tried Sony support page like http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod....pl?mdl=PRS900 ? You can download the manuals for all reader from there.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I strongly suggest using calibre to manage your ebooks. Sony's software is notoriously buggy and feature-deficient; its only real value is for buying books from the Sony store (if for some reason you should want to do that), and even then, once you've bought them, calibre will take care of them for you. Calibre support and download information can be found a few boards down the way, right here on MobileRead.

Once you've cleaned off the German books, stop by the ebook section of MobileRead to pick up a good selection of ebooks to load on it; they're both gratis and libre, not to mention some of the best-formatted ebooks available, since they were built by dedicated MobileRead members. Project Gutenberg, ManyBooks, Feedbooks, and various other sites can supply you with tens of thousands more.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
Katem
Katem began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Smile thanks to everyone who responded

This is a great resource. With your help I figured everything out. Our technology petting zoo was a great success, and my library staff was really happy to have an opportunity to learn about, and try out, the Kindle 2 and DX, the SONY pocket reader (300), and the Nook.
Katem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
That's great! I think a lot more people would be reading ebooks if they got a chance to see just how good they are.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote