Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
The fictional Kovid

Maria Schneider just released Executive Dirt, book 4 of the Sedona Series available DRM-free and guess what?
There is a character named after our very own Kovid Goyal

I have not read this book YET, but I believe the similarities between the real Kovid and the fictional one is only that they are both "brilliant Indian guys with great temperaments" I would know right

Maria has named the character with Kovid's permission.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:28 PM   #2
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post
Maria Schneider just released Executive Dirt, book 4 of the Sedona Series available DRM-free and guess what?
There is a character named after our very own Kovid Goyal

I have not read this book YET, but I believe the similarities between the real Kovid and the fictional one is only that they are both "brilliant Indian guys with great temperaments" I would know right

Maria has named the character with Kovid's permission.
Haha! That character could totally be the guilty party, you know!!!

I had a lot of fun writing Dirt.
Advert
Old 08-12-2015, 01:27 PM   #3
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Haha! That character could totally be the guilty party, you know!!!

I had a lot of fun writing Dirt.
That is why I am going to have to read it as soon as my babies give me some time. My younger one hates me using any gadgets including my reader at the moment and tries to knock it out of my hand.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
How fun! Hope the babies let you read the book soon.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #5
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
How fun! Hope the babies let you read the book soon.
I'm kind of hoping she gets time soon, too.
Advert
Old 08-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Krittika - convert to mp3 and listen on your iPod. Babies probably won't notice, and you can be doing other things whilst you're listening.

BR
Old 08-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #7
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Thanks for the suggestion @BetterRed but I love Sedona too much not to give her my full attention. That is probably why the little one wants to knock her out. @Maria the book was awesome and I enjoyed it as much as the earlier ones.
Are there going to be more in the series?

Last edited by Krittika Goyal; 08-20-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #8
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion @BetterRed but I love Sedona too much not to give her my full attention. That is probably why the little one wants to knock her out. @Maria the book was awesome and I enjoyed it as much as the earlier ones.
Are there going to be more in the series?
Awwww, you are too kind! Thanks!

I honestly don't know. I never planned to write any more Sedona after the first three, but it has been my most popular series, and I received a lot of requests. In some ways, I'd like to start a new series. In other ways, I'd like to retire on a beach in Hawaii and spend my days swimming and eating.
Old 08-23-2015, 06:48 AM   #9
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Actually when you showed the cover option about Executive Dirt and Executive Stitches, I thought they were for 2 books. But after reading this one I realized you were trying different possibilities for the same book.
You should wrtie one titled 'Executive Souffle' or something cooking/baking related

Or 'Executive waves' coiuld be about surfing or swimming in Hawaii. If you can do it right now, live vicariously through Sedona. Companies do have retreats right?

Last edited by Krittika Goyal; 08-23-2015 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #10
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Actually when you showed the cover option about Executive Dirt and Executive Stitches, I thought they were for 2 books. But after reading this one I realized you were trying different possibilities for the same book.
You should wrtie one titled 'Executive Souffle' or something cooking/baking related

Or 'Executive waves' coiuld be about surfing or swimming in Hawaii. If you can do it right now, live vicariously through Sedona. Companies do have retreats right?

Hmm. Sedona goes to chef school! Now, if I could get King Arthur (flour) to sponsor me for one or two of their cooking classes for research...jet off to Maine and spend the week cooking bread and pasta and strolling the beaches looking for clues...clues to ANYTHING!!!

I'm also all for the Hawaii research. Boy, do I wish I could do that. Maybe I need to start a kickstarter campaign to "Send Sedona to Hawaii." I could get behind that idea. Or in front of it. Or all over it!!!

I'm going to have to sell a LOT of Sedona to consider this type of necessary research...or start another series. Or something!
Old 08-23-2015, 02:45 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Siily Q
Do these books need to be read in order, Or can I just jump on the Kovid one ?
Old 08-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #12
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Siily Q
Do these books need to be read in order, Or can I just jump on the Kovid one ?

Like a typical series (especially mysteries) the relationships change and grow in the series so it's probably better to start from the first. That said, the last one (Executive Dirt) was written knowing that some people might only read it (due to not realizing it was a series or because I tend to market the latest rather than the whole series). So I think it stands by itself pretty well. There is a boxed set of the first three if that helps any.

Krittika may have more advice on the matter!
Old 08-23-2015, 03:15 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Like a typical series (especially mysteries) the relationships change and grow in the series so it's probably better to start from the first. That said, the last one (Executive Dirt) was written knowing that some people might only read it (due to not realizing it was a series or because I tend to market the latest rather than the whole series). So I think it stands by itself pretty well. There is a boxed set of the first three if that helps any.

Krittika may have more advice on the matter!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:57 AM   #14
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Personally, I think a lot of the enjoyment comes from knowing Sedona and her crazy family , and I love the series so I would recommend it, but the mystery itself stands alone and can be completely understood without reading the others.
Closed Thread