Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I'm mad at Amazon and Stephen King

King was part of the kindle 2 launch, and provided an ebook just for the event (Amazon gave him a pink kindle). Now his new book is coming out, and it isn't even available on kindle! And it can't be because of price, because with the new price war, the pbook is only $9!

I want to read Dome on my kindle!!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It doesn't come out for a few weeks. Often Kindle books don't get listed that early so there's still a chance it'll come out although Simon & Schuster doesn't list it as coming as an ebook at all. If it's not coming out as an ebook at all be mad at the publisher.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I'm also mad at Stephen King, but that has more to do with the hours I wasted reading one of his crappy books a few years ago than with the ebook thing. I would love to punch that guy in the ear.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
All that will happen is that someone will OCR the book and make it available for download... and then publishers will whine about piracy
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
All that will happen is that someone will OCR the book and make it available for download... and then publishers will whine about piracy
Yep, if this doesn't get an eBook release at the same time as the pBook I'm sure a scan will be out within days, if not before the actual release. Of course it'll be 'pirated' either way.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 10-19-2009 at 06:29 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
I feel bad for that person.

OCR'ing a 1000+ page book has to be the closest thing to hell I can think of.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
I feel bad for that person. OCR'ing a 1000+ page book has to be the closest thing to hell I can think of.
Nope. The closest thing to hell is reading a Dan Brown-Stephen King coauthored novel.

The closest thing to delusional is thinking Sarah Palin is presidential material.

The closest thing to wisdom is realizing that your mother really did know best.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
King was part of the kindle 2 launch, and provided an ebook just for the event (Amazon gave him a pink kindle). Now his new book is coming out, and it isn't even available on kindle! And it can't be because of price, because with the new price war, the pbook is only $9!

I want to read Dome on my kindle!!!
Not all eBooks are available for pre-order. And because this is not available until November, I would not worry till November 10th, 2009 has come and gone and no eBook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
I'm also mad at Stephen King, but that has more to do with the hours I wasted reading one of his crappy books a few years ago than with the ebook thing. I would love to punch that guy in the ear.
Do you have to be so violent just because you did not care for one of King's books?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #10
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Pretty much. There is no reason for it not to be available other than publisher paranoia. I haven't read a King book in a while so will check this one out... when it's released as an ebook.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
I feel bad for that person.

OCR'ing a 1000+ page book has to be the closest thing to hell I can think of.
There is always this
http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/13/a...-the-booksnap/

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37816
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you have to be so violent just because you did not care for one of King's books?
Yes. It was a really long book.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #13
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Quote:
Very much this one..

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
jpasarela
jpasarela is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-505
When will these publishers learn.

New Stephen King e-book to cost $35
jpasarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #15
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Unbelievable. Hopefully the library will have it as an ebook. I will get it, put it on my kindle, and to heck with Stephen King. I am not even going to give him (and his publisher) the $9 for the pbook.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote