Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 06:44 PM   #256
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
The developers need to receive the bin first. Kovid (Calibre) doesnt have it yet either. I suspect mid June it will be available.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #257
jp2code
Software Developer
jp2code began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've got the Kindle Wi-Fi 6" E Ink Display.

I installed this update in my root folder and placed a custom image in the "system\screen_saver", but the option to "Update Your Kindle" was grayed out (disabled).

Does anyone know a trick to getting "the splash screen mod" to work on this Kindle device?

FYI: I don't have "Dead Authors" but instead advertisements for the latest books that are out, AT&T 4G Networks, and Wells Fargo banking!
jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #258
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
FYI: I don't have "Dead Authors" but instead advertisements for the latest books that are out, AT&T 4G Networks, and Wells Fargo banking!
Ah.. very easy to take care of.

Go to amazon.com and then got to "Manage Your Kindle". Once there on the left go to "Manage Your Kindle Devices" you will see a list of your devices. There is a "Special Offers" column. You will see the word "Subscribed" next to your Kindle with the word "edit" next to it. Click on "edit" and then click on "Unsubscribe Now with 1-click".

Problem solved!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #259
jp2code
Software Developer

Thanks for your help, Bob.

I received this as a birthday gift, and apparently they saved $20 by accepting the special offers. If I now remove that "feature", I get stuck with $20.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #260
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Two options, jp2code:

(1) Return the gift to the person who gave it to you, or

(2) Play fair with the Amazon TOS and fork over the $20 if you don't like the ads.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-06-2012 at 06:33 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #261
jp2code
Software Developer

LOL - Actually, I'm going with the unspoken option:

(3) Flip that somebitch over so you don't have to look at it.