Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #1771
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@thesilviu: Not this way, no. (In fact, the whole thing should be disabled on a PW in my latest tweaks).

Once it gains PW support, the easiest way will probably be via JBPatch. In the meantime, this might still be applicable, but at your own risk .
Old 10-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #1772
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Here's hoping strongly for PW support.
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #1773
thesilviu
thesilviu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I was hoping to do it withough having to do a jailbreak.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #1774
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@thesilviu: Nope, on the Touch/PW, same deal as the collections, nothing we can do about it from the stuff exported over USB, we need to get our hands deeper into it .
Old 10-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #1775
crackshot91
Enthusiast
crackshot91 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3G
Hello, everyone. I need some help.

Here's what I want to do:

I have a number of fanfics downloaded using the FFDL plugin. The fanfics have a content rating of: Everyone, Teen, Mature, and Explicit. What I want to do is to make two collections automatically: One for "Everyone/Teen" and another for "Mature/Explicit"

I believe I know how to make a collection for one group. If I set the calibre source "content" to "create" a collection renaming these patterns:

^(Everyone|Teen)$

To these patterns:

General Fanfiction

I should get the first half of the problem sorted.

But, what do I do for the "Mature/Explicit" collection? There's only one "content" entry in the "Customize Kindle Collections" window. How do I make a second collection using different tags but the same source? Because I also want to create a collection using "content" source, and I want to rename these patterns:

^(Mature|Explicit)$

To these patterns:

Adult Fanfiction

How would I go about this? Thanks for your help!
Advert
Old 11-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #1776
Cuithinien
Nothing Original
Cuithinien began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Collection Manager (Kindle Touch)

I installed ixtab's KT Collections Manager and downloaded NiLuJe's file, but I'm not sure what to do to install it (or use it, basically). Any help?
P.S. Sorry if this has been addressed before.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #1777
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Cuithinien: Yes it has. Check the CM thread, and the last few pages here. (In particular #1762 & #1764).
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #1778
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Thanks, I am just a little confused which files I should be installing to get my PW up and running with both CM and this plugin. Should I be installing the jailbreak, kindlet, CM files and this one??

EDIT: I think I found the instructions I am looking for, so I am about to jailbreak and then install the collections files. Yikes, here I go...

EDIT2: Obviously I am missing something very important, where do I import the collection into the CM??
Can you point me in the direction of the instructions you found? I'm lost trying to figure out where to install NiLuJe's patch for the Kindle Collections plugin.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #1779
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@93terp: The latest version is here. Just install the .zip as any other plugin, it will replace the current version if you already have it installed .

On the Kindle side, this should be a pretty good start .
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #1780
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@93terp: The latest version is here. Just install the .zip as any other plugin, it will replace the current version if you already have it installed .

On the Kindle side, this should be a pretty good start .
Thanks NiLuJe, I'll give that a try!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #1781
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Ok, I installed the updated plugin (Kindle Collections.zip). But what do I do with the kcoll_pw-tweaks-v22.patch.gz file? Calibre doesn't recognize this as a plugin file.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #1782
crackshot91
Enthusiast

Hey, NiLuJe. Sorry to intrude. I hope 93Terp doesn't mind. I was hoping you could help me with my small issue regarding groups of tags and automatic collections?

Is there any way to set up the automatic collections so that I can use two groups of the same kind of tag to make two separate collections, and name those collections as well?

Simply put, I need to set it up so that I have a collection that includes the "everyone" and "teen" content tag, and name the collection "Fanfiction", and another collection that includes the "mature" and "explicit" content tags and name that collection "Fanfiction+"

The problem is, I've only figured out how to make one group. There's only one entry for the "content".

See, I have the "Fanfiction+" collection set up, but I can't work out how to set up another group collection for the Everyone/Teen collection. It uses the content tags, but there's only one entry that uses "content" as the calibre source. I tried renaming another entry (For instance, the "characters" entry) to "content", but when I click "OK" and reopen the settings window, the entry is back to "characters".

Can you help me? If you need more info, or if I'm not making sense with my question, please let me know. I have a hard time explaining things sometimes.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #1783
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@93terp: Nothing. It's for the dev/curious.

@crackshot91: No idea, sorry .
AFAIK, there's no way to use the same source twice, and I'm not sure there's a bit of regex magic powerful enough to do what you want in one pass... Take that with a grain of salt, though, that's far from my area of expertise .
Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #1784
crackshot91
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, NiLuJe!

Worst case scenario, I have to sort the Everyone/Teen stories automatically, restart, sort the Mature/Explicit stories manually, and restart again. Not the most convenient method, but manageable.

Thanks again!
Old 11-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #1785
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@crackshot91: One other workaround would be to use two different sources (one or two extra custom column) with more straightforward content (which could possibly be filled up automatically, but I'm really out of my depth here, never played with this stuff).
Closed Thread