Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
calibre: HTML to LRF conversion, problem with justified text

Hi,

I use calibre to convert HTML text to LRF format.
Strangely the text alignment always appears justified and not "left" as set in the HTML style. Both in preview and on the actual device.
Is there any way to tell calibre to use "left" text align?
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Juggle4Evr--

The only option for LRF is "full justification"--no way to "left justify". This is a limitation of LRF, not Calibre.

On the other hand, ePub allows only "left justification" and not "full justification".

The Sony Reader reads ePub files just fine, and Calibre converts to ePUb as well, so you might try using ePub files to see how that works for you.

dordale

Last edited by dordale; 07-12-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: corrected statement regarding ePub justification
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Juggle4Evr--

The only option for LRF is "full justification"--no way to "left justify". This is a limitation of LRF, not Calibre.

On the other hand, ePub allows only "full justification" and not "left justification".

The Sony Reader reads ePub files just fine, and Calibre converts to ePUb as well, so you might try using ePub files to see how that works for you.

dordale
Actually, one of the mods PRSCustomizer allows is the left alignment of LRF/LRX eBooks. But it's an either or. You either have left justified or full. There is no way in a given eBook to change that. It's a setting in one of the XML settings files.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jon--Thanks for posting that--I'd forgotten about that option in the PRS Customizer.

dordale
Old 07-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
On the other hand, ePub allows only "full justification" and not "left justification".
Didn't you mean the other way round - or am I missing something?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #6
Juggle4Evr
Connoisseur
Juggle4Evr doesn't litterJuggle4Evr doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, Cybook Opus
You were right, epub is much better than lrf. Text alignment is perfect, the zoom works perfect and it just looks better visually.
Also when trying lrf, the first time I opened the book on the device, the reader rebooted. The second attempt to open the book worked.
With epub no problem at all, so epub seems to be my favourite format for the PRS-505.

Thanx a lot!
Juggle4Evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
dordale
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Didn't you mean the other way round - or am I missing something?
Doh! You're right EA--I must not have been too wide awake when I typed that...I'll go back and edit my original post to correct.

dordale