Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 06:55 PM   #631
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
We have 2 KSO's and I just tried to use a second code for the mystery books and it won't let me ... are they no longer letting you use more than 1 code per Amazon account?
They recently changed the wording from limit one promotional code per device to limit one promotional code per customer and per device.

Call Kindle CS at 1-866-321-8851 and ask them why your special offer Kindle is being denied the offer. You bought them to get the offers and now you're being denied on one of them. Why should it matter to Amazon who redeems the offers from two of these Kindles?

Anyway, give Kindle CS a call. They have the best customer service in the entire Amazon family.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #632
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Cool
Now I have to wait a month and a half for it.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #633
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
We have 2 KSO's and I just tried to use a second code for the mystery books and it won't let me ... are they no longer letting you use more than 1 code per Amazon account?
Make sure you've used the first code before trying to enter the second.

I haven't tried the new mystery offer, but on the previous ones, there was the same wording, but you could use more than one code on an account. You could not, though, enter the seconde code until you had used the first one.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #634
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
New upcoming offer in the assets folder:

Save $20 on a $50 purchase of select Bath and Bedding products
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:24 AM   #635
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Offer (claim by 07 Oct)

Expiring Offers (links in OP)
  • 48 - Save 40% on select Kindle Covers -- expires 05 Oct
  • 49 - Save $30 on a $80 purchase at MyHabit.com -- expires 09 Oct
  • 50 - Get a select Kindle Book (Biographies & Memoirs) for $1 -- expires 09 Oct
  • 51 - Save $100 on select HDTVs -- expires 13 Oct

Last edited by tubemonkey; 10-04-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Advert
Old 10-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #636
pearlrose86
pearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Question for those with a KSO: When did the headphones offer go live? I'm looking at my KSO right now, and all I see are ads for the Kindle cloud service and ATT.

I tried contacting Amazon CS about the missing offer, but their reply basically told me that I wasn't looking hard enough for it.
pearlrose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #637
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlrose86 View Post
Question for those with a KSO: When did the headphones offer go live? I'm looking at my KSO right now, and all I see are ads for the Kindle cloud service and ATT.

I tried contacting Amazon CS about the missing offer, but their reply basically told me that I wasn't looking hard enough for it.
Have you turned the wireless on lately? I turned mine on today and got it.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #638
pearlrose86
pearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheesepearlrose86 can extract oil from cheese

I'll guess I'll play around with it some more once I'm back on wireless at home. It usually updates automatically overnight, so it seems odd to me that it wouldn't do that this time.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #639
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:

Sometimes the offers are right there when I wake up my Kindle on SO days and sometimes I have to turn on wireless and then do View Special Offers. The headphones offer was just offered today. (10/04)
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:47 PM   #640
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:

For me, the headphone offer popped onto my KSO+3g around noon (California time).

Earlier today I just saw the same ads you saw.
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #641
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I'll guess I'll play around with it some more once I'm back on wireless at home. It usually updates automatically overnight, so it seems odd to me that it wouldn't do that this time.
Lately, many of the offers haven't been showing up in the assets folder until quite close to the actual start date. This offer wasn't available to me until AFTER I turned WiFi on. It then downloaded. I get the feeling Amazon no longer wants us peeking into future offers.

In the past, offers would load via WiFi on your Kindle several weeks before they went active. Then at midnight of the start date, they would appear automatically in your screensavers and View Special Offers page. It wasn't even necessary for you to have an internet connection, since the files were already on your Kindle.

This offer should appear for you once your Kindle has established an internet connection. It just needs to download to your device.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #642
pearlrose86

Hmm, thanks for letting me know about the changes in how the KSO offers are loaded. I'm on a wi fi connection now, and I reset the Kindle again, but the offer isn't showing up. I don't particularly want the headphone offer, I'm just concerned about the offers not loading like they normally would.

I e-mailed CS and it says that I only have 2 offers this week, so I'll give it a day or so before I bother them again. Amazon customer service is usually pretty good, but this time I don't think they understand my problem exactly.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 PM   #643
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Lately, many of the offers haven't been showing up in the assets folder until quite close to the actual start date. This offer wasn't available to me until AFTER I turned WiFi on. It then downloaded. I get the feeling Amazon no longer wants us peeking into future offers.

In the past, offers would load via WiFi on your Kindle several weeks before they went active. Then at midnight of the start date, they would appear automatically in your screensavers and View Special Offers page. It wasn't even necessary for you to have an internet connection, since the files were already on your Kindle.

This offer should appear for you once your Kindle has established an internet connection. It just needs to download to your device.
So if I were to get a Kindle Touch KSO, would you recommend my leaving Wifi on, or just making sure its turned on once a day? Also, if I were to make it part of a routine, how long do you think I would need to leave Wifi on in order to get all offers for that day? One more question: do you have to have wifi on to see ads listed on your Special Offer page?

Last edited by Nyssa; 10-04-2011 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Typo. Why do I never see these before I'm quoted!?!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #644
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
So if I were to get a Kindle Touch KSO, would you recommend my leaving Wifi on, or just making sure its turned on once a day? Also, if I were to make it part of a routine, how long do you think I would need to leave Wifi on in order to get all offers for that day? One mor equestion: do you have to have wifi on to see ads listed on your Special Offer page?
My wifi is turned off the vast majority of the time. I only turn it on: to download content (which isn't very often), update firmware (even less often), and on offer day (every 4 days) to make sure I get all updates and current offers.

Turning wifi on every 4 days is sufficient to get all of the offers. How long? I really have no idea. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes will do. Check this thread to be sure you have all of the offers, since the number being presented varies from 1 to 3 at a time.

You don't need to have wifi on to view the offers page, but you do need it to claim an offer.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #645
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
My wifi is turned off the vast majority of the time. I only turn it on: to download content (which isn't very often), update firmware (even less often), and on offer day (every 4 days) to make sure I get all updates and current offers.

Turning wifi on every 4 days is sufficient to get all of the offers. How long? I really have no idea. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes will do. Check this thread to be sure you have all of the offers, since the number being presented varies from 1 to 3 at a time.

You don't need to have wifi on to view the offers page, but you do need it to claim an offer.
1. Thank you for the info.

2. Offers can only be claimed directly through the Kindle? Can I not redeem them through Amazon online? I haven't really used the experimental web browser on my K3 and have only purchased a book or two directly through the Kindle. All other actions were performed from my PC.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote