Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Price reduction Onyx Boox

Dear All,

This month the Onyx Boox will be sold for the price of 275 euro. This is including:

Onyx Boox
Protection Cover
USB cable
Wall charger
Warranty sheet
Quick start

http://www.electronicreading.eu/onyx...ml?language=en
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 AM   #2
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thank you for the good news, but I'm afraid it's too little too late.
I bought my Boox in January for EUR 299. Then that was a good price. But now here in Europe we can buy the Kindle 3 and the improved Sonys, and the cheap Oyo is coming, so EUR 275 is by no means a competitive price. Onyx should find a way to make it possible to go below EUR 200 for the Boox 60, otherwise they are fighting a losing battle.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Thats true. But the Onyx can handle epub with DRM. Instead of the Kindle 3.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's also true. But why would I pay EUR 100-150 more for a reader that can handle epub with DRM when I can remove the DRM and convert to another format for free?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
I wish you well, but surely you need to price it below the improved Sony readers to be competitive? I think the Sony 650 is 229 EUR in Germany, for example.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #6
Magnesus
Connoisseur
Magnesus is on a distinguished road

Device: Bebook Neo
In Poland people are buying Kindle 3 because it's for about 125 EUR while very similar Boox is for... 325 EUR. No one buys Boox any longer. You have to drop prices more. I don't think anyone will soon accept a price higher than 150 EUR for an 6' e-reader. I know I won't.
Magnesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
In Poland people are buying Kindle 3 because it's for about 125 EUR while very similar Boox is for... 325 EUR. No one buys Boox any longer. You have to drop prices more. I don't think anyone will soon accept a price higher than 150 EUR for an 6' e-reader. I know I won't.
Well well, i wouldn't say that kindle3 is similar to boox; first of all the boox has a wacom touchscreen; moreover it can handle a lot of ebook formats. Kindle 3 only manages mobi and pdf; the kindle is 125 euros, but without cover and power adaptor (international version)..

in my point of view it's more appropriate to compare the boox with the new sony.. but they solved the glare problem of their touch screen in the new prs 650?

best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandobras View Post
in my point of view it's more appropriate to compare the boox with the new sony.. but they solved the glare problem of their touch screen in the new prs 650?
According to the users of the 650 here, yes, and added the new sharper Pearl screen.

As I noted above, the Boox needs to be cheaper than the 230 EUR for the Sony to compete.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
According to the users of the 650 here, yes, and added the new sharper Pearl screen.

As I noted above, the Boox needs to be cheaper than the 230 EUR for the Sony to compete.

Graham
Has to be significantly cheaper as Sony has the Pearl screen and the Boox does not. Also, Sony's touch can be used with the finger or the stylus. Boox only the stylus. Wacom touch is now a more expensive add on that's not really needed given that Sony's IR works very well.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #10
Mumin
Mumin began at the beginning.

Device: Palm IIIxe, HTC wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnesus View Post
In Poland people are buying Kindle 3 because it's for about 125 EUR while very similar Boox is for... 325 EUR.
Boox 60S in Vobis is 899zł (227EUR) while Kindle 3 (with cover and shipment to Poland) is $201 net. Add 22% VAT and you get 175EUR.
Mumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #11
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot

Temporarly offer: The Onyx Boox for 240 euro.

Last edited by Klein Nijenhuis; 10-16-2010 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Reconsidered my thoughts
Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #12
Magnesus
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumin View Post
Boox 60S in Vobis is 899zł (227EUR) while Kindle 3 (with cover and shipment to Poland) is $201 net. Add 22% VAT and you get 175EUR.
You don't have to add VAT because Amazon pays VAT for you when you buy Kindle 3.

I paid 470zł for my Kindle 3 (117,5EUR) with delivery. Kindle 3 on amazon.com is not $203 - it's about $157 with delivery.

Last edited by Magnesus; 11-02-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #13
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Mumin's right: a Kindle WiFi + cover is about 170-175 euros overall. Kindle WiFi without cover is 140-145, now.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #14
Magnesus
Connoisseur

It's $139 on amazon.com. And from Poland you can buy Kindle ONLY from amazon.com. $159 with shipping = aprox. 117,5 euro. I just bought it and I paid only $159,98 with shipping.

Last edited by Magnesus; 11-04-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #15
Zetmolm
Guru

Thanks, Klein Nijenhuis, for the further price reduction. But another shop, also in The Netherlands, sells the new Onyx Boox X60 (so the version with touchscreen en Wifi) for only EUR 199.