Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #1
petechan
Connoisseur
petechan doesn't litterpetechan doesn't litter

Device: Aluratek libre
library books lending period

Before I got the Libre I did not often go to the library to borrow books because I don't spend a lot of time reading and mostly the two week lending period would go by and I would have to return the book before finishing.

Many of the popular titles available in digital format from our local library have people waiting in line to borrow them, but it got to my turn and I downloaded the book through ADE and loaded it into my Libre. Two weeks later I dutifully "returned" the book using ADE back to the library. The Libre does not have an internal clock, and so now, one month later, the book is still readable on it! This is a pleasant surprise for me because now I can read at my leisure without watching the calendar. Will have to see if borrowing a second book "erases" the first one.

Is this the experience of other people also?
petechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Yes, as soon as you add another book the other one will expire and you will not be able to open it.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert