Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
hmgreen
Enthusiast
hmgreen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -600, -900, Kindle 2, Touch, PW1 (all gone), PW2, Voyage
DRM Protection Lock-Out Problem

Anyone see this on their PRS-900?

If I delete a book or newspaper issue on the Reader directly (not when tethered to the computer), all subsequent attempts to read any other book comes back with an almost blank page with a tiny message "Protected Page" or some such text - as if the books were not authorized for the device.

Connecting to my account via wireless, or if at home, connecting it to my PC and opening the Reader software sets things right until the next time I delete something on the Reader again.

Seems to be a software bug. I called Sony Tech Support and they were completely confused and never heard of this. I found the solution by accident.

Has anyone else encountered this or perhaps got an explanation or permanent fix?

Thanks.
hmgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
reeder2
reeder2 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS505
The same thing happened to me when I downloaded a book in Adobe pdf format from my public library. When I transferred the book to the PRS-505 and tried to open it, I got the Protected Page message. I had another book in the same format, showing 5 days left until expiration, and when I tried to open it I got the same message. Prior to transferring the new book, the old book was accessible on the device. Both books are accessible on my PC, running Windows XP. I do not have the fix yet; I found your post by searching the forum.
reeder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I haven't encountered this (yet). Been using it daily for 5 weeks and always delete from the device.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500, Kindle PW, Kindle Oasis
This happened to me once after browsing the Store online. I corrected it with a hard reset, which meant losing my place in all the books I was reading.
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote