Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Browser Question

Why don't Google news links open for me? Any one else have this problem?
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ha never-mind, found there is an option under google's settings (gear icon along the top) to uncheck open in new window..then bam! I can now open google news links in the Kobo browser.
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Ha never-mind, found there is an option under google's settings (gear icon along the top) to uncheck open in new window..then bam! I can now open google news links in the Kobo browser.
Thanks for the tip
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Oddly a type of message I like. You found the fix for yourself and then shared it with the rest of us instead of abandoning the question.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
freekobo
Addict

Yup
The sucky part is that you have to do it each time you view the site..it doesn't appear to save the setting once the browser is closed
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Oddly a type of message I like. You found the fix for yourself and then shared it with the rest of us instead of abandoning the question.

Regards,
David
Me too!!

Quote:
Yup
The sucky part is that you have to do it each time you view the site..it doesn't appear to save the setting once the browser is closed
Gah!

I think that might change if you log in to google (of course you'll need a google account). Google is usually good at remembering your settings.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
freekobo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I think that might change if you log in to google (of course you'll need a google account). Google is usually good at remembering your settings.
Nice! Google does save the setting. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #8
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Quote:
I swear I used to stay signed in to my google account after closing and reopening my Kobo browser. I just did a factory reset and re-setup my Glo. And now I don't stay signed into my google account in the browser. Am I misremembering? Do you stay signed in? How?! Instapaper is still loyally staying signed in for me...