Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Shut Down Image - Missing from PRS+ or Added by Another Dev?

Yesterday, after installing the newest version of PRS+ on my second PRS-350, I noticed the option to use the standby screen image after a full shutdown seemed to be missing. I remember having to modify a file on my other 350 to insert a custom message on the standby screen, and I can certainly find that file and copy it over, but I was saddened by the absence of the standby screen option. Was that a PRS+ option which is no longer supported or did some other developer make that possible on top of PRS+? I've been searching for links since yesterday, but so far, I've found nothing.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
You remember right, shutdown-image was added by quisvir in PRS+ 2.1.01a and should still be present in PRS+2.1.02a

At least the code in StandbyImage.js holds all necessary information.

Though this option will be (temporary) removed with PRS+ 2.2.x, as kartu wants to build 2.2.x on stable 2.0.18.
This is also reflected in my PRS+2.2 clone - which I would NOT recommend in any case!
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #3
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Crikey, weren't you the right person to answer my questions -- the originator of the standby image feature! Thanks for that.

If I understand you correctly, I'll need to install 2.1.02a. Will do. Instability is to be avoided, but I find I can't do without a custom shutdown message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
You remember right, shutdown-image was added by quisvir in PRS+ 2.1.01a and should still be present in PRS+2.1.02a

At least the code in StandbyImage.js holds all necessary information.

Though this option will be (temporary) removed with PRS+ 2.2.x, as kartu wants to build 2.2.x on stable 2.0.18.
This is also reflected in my PRS+2.2 clone - which I would NOT recommend in any case!
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote