Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #91
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Meh, I'll do it in the morning. I think that man is sick of fish for a few days
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:15 PM   #92
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Thanks @ihor.

I've created my own set of font sizes (19,20 ... 29,31). Had trouble copying files to Kindle with WinSCP (from Kindle worked),so for extra noob friendliness maybe it should be mentioned somewhere in this topic (@ixtab: I know, I know ... "this is the developers subforum...") that you have to first make root writable by running "mntroot rw"
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #93
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yea. thats the problem when you dont spot the busybox welcome message. easy to do via winscp iirc.

ill go read the docs again in the morning. i thought they mentioned it. obviously not. good work!

posted from kindle
Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can anyone make these changes to the latest Kindle Touch firmware?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #95
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can anyone make these changes to the latest Kindle Touch firmware?
will... not... feed...

Spoiler:

JSWolf does not own a Kindle Touch (or any Kindle, for that matter). He just enjoys asking questions with the sole purpose to provoke people. Look up his posts in the Kindle forums and you'll see for yourself.

Last edited by ixtab; 09-17-2012 at 11:07 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 02:54 AM   #96
ihor
Enthusiast
ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ihor understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
PS: Update packages have nothing to do with Java, they're essentially plain shell scripts. And creating them is pretty simple.
if it was powershell and windows - it would be simple for me,
but since this is bash, python, etc. and linux - I will have to spend more time digging in it.

Yes, it is interesting for me, anyway. But it can consume too much time on evenings, which I can spend on my wife and a child, instead of studying linux scripts.
ihor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #97
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihor View Post
if it was powershell and windows - it would be simple for me,
but since this is bash, python, etc. and linux - I will have to spend more time digging in it.

Yes, it is interesting for me, anyway. But it can consume too much time on evenings, which I can spend on my wife and a child, instead of studying linux scripts.
You mean you didn't see the notice on your registration form here about how you are expected to surrender all thoughts of having a personal life?

Just set the wife and child up as a once a week cron job.
Other members here will probably be glad to share their suggested crontab entries.

Hmm...
I don't know what the above translates to in en_Windows.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
crap removed
I asked a valid question and got crap back from you. Either you are going to help or don't say anything.

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-18-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #99
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
I asked a valid question and got crap back from you. Either you are going to help, or go away.
*plonk*
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #100
twobob

Sigh... So I spent my day trying to reduce my smoking habit to near nill and drinking decaf.. Oh and digging through docs, emails and just generally not getting this installer finished.

mañana

In other news there is a definite smell of dirty laundry, hopefully that will have all cleared up by the morning.

*throw rocks now* I'll stand still and everything.

thanks.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #101
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Back to my question that's not yet had an answer.

Can this font size menu hack be done for the Kindle Touch using the latest firmware?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #102
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Back to my question that's not yet had an answer.

Can this font size menu hack be done for the Kindle Touch using the latest firmware?
Try it, let us know.
If you have problems, describe what you have done and the problem encountered.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #103
twobob

@wolfdude Okay. "Thumb in the air" feeling for the wind.... I would hazard a complete guess of - probably not as-is... but I could be wrong

Bereft of a Touch device that is my best guess.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Try it, let us know.
If you have problems, describe what you have done and the problem encountered.
I don't have a Kindle Touch. So I cannot experiment with it. The Kindle Touch in question belongs to someone else. I cannot go experimenting on it. It has to be a know working modification.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #105
twobob

well. I get a touch tomorrow now. (supposedly) I'll have a look. there. sorted.