Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #31
petr.pavel
freelance programmer
petr.pavel began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I know this thread is old but I see that sendtoreader.com links to it as a recommended way for deleting documents in bulk. Copying a piece of code one doesn't understand seems a bit risky to me, so I wrote a bookmarklet that does a similar job and its associated web page provides support. Plus you can install the bookmarklet only by dragging it to your bookmarks.

What it does is that it adds checkboxes to each document in your Kindle library. You tick off those that should be discarded and then make them fly with a single click of a button.
Check it out: Check & Delete.
petr.pavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:24 PM   #32
BookinItLady88
BookinItLady88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Oh my god, this thing does NOT WORK!!! Why does everyone claim that it does? I'm tearing my hair out here all day trying to make it work to no freaking avail. I've tried it in THREE different browsers and NADA!!!!! Help!
BookinItLady88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2016, 05:33 PM   #33
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookinItLady88 View Post
Oh my god, this thing does NOT WORK!!! Why does everyone claim that it does? I'm tearing my hair out here all day trying to make it work to no freaking avail. I've tried it in THREE different browsers and NADA!!!!! Help!
You are responding to a three year old post.
So quit tearing your hair out.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:26 PM   #34
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
As Cinisajoy said.

To be more specific: Amazon's MYK page has undergone multiple redesigns since this bookmarklet was written. No wonder it doesn't work anymore.

Note that Amazon now allows you to delete up to ten documents at a time.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:38 AM   #35
Robmonster
Wizard!
Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Voyage + Oasis2
Yes, the page was changed at Amazons end since the last release of this, I wouldn't expect it to work any more

Last edited by Robmonster; 06-27-2016 at 04:41 AM.
Robmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #36
bstriddy
bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bstriddy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Voyage
A new bookmarklet for deleting content items

I'd let several hundred en2kindle deliveries fill up my archive, and the Amazon Drive fix doesn't work anymore. It seems that the situation is better than it was before, but still difficult as Amazon limits one to a max of 10 items per bulk action.

To facilitate my task and satisfy my compulsion to automate all the things, I created this bookmarklet.

Please use with caution!

Bookmarklet code:
Code:
javascript:void((function(){var okBtn=document.getElementById("dialogButton_ok_myx"); var checks=document.getElementsByClassName('hideItem_myx'); if(okBtn){ okBtn.click() }; for(var i=0; i<10; i++){ checks[i].click(); }; document.getElementById("contentAction_delete_myx").click(); document.getElementById("dialogButton_ok_myx").click();})());
Usage:
1. You must be in the "Manage Your Content and Devices" page, in the "Content" tab
2. Select Docs (or whichever content type you're clearing) in the "Show" dropdown.
3. Optional, but recommended: if you narrow the listing with a search term, e.g. the author name ('En2kindle') or a portion of the title ('crofflr') that limits listings to those you're targeting, it is much easier safer to burn through them all.
4. Click the bookmarklet. It will select the top 10 items, click Delete, and confirm the delete command all at once. No review will be possible!
5. After the deletion is complete, a confirmation dialog appears. You may:-
a) Click OK yourself and be back to the now-reduced listing
OR
b) Click the bookmarklet again. This will both dismiss the confirmation and immediately delete the next 10 items. This way, one can click the bookmarklet after each batch to immediately delete 10 more.

Advanced:
If you really want to burn through a stack, get two tabs open and sort one date ascending and the other date descending and alternate back & forth, running the bookmarklet on each one, working your way to the middle.

If you want to preserve the review and confirmation step, but save yourself the headache of clicking 10 checkboxes, this version will not automatically OK the delete batch:
Code:
javascript:void((function(){var okBtn=document.getElementById("dialogButton_ok_myx"); var checks=document.getElementsByClassName('hideItem_myx'); if(okBtn){ okBtn.click() }; for(var i=0; i<10; i++){ checks[i].click(); }; document.getElementById("contentAction_delete_myx").click();})());
bstriddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:22 AM   #37
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstriddy View Post
To facilitate my task and satisfy my compulsion to automate all the things, I created this bookmarklet.

Thanks for the sharing.
BTW I edited the first post to address this post.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:19 PM   #38
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 07:09 AM   #39
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.
The image you removed was added to the post 5 years ago.

thomass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookmarklet, kindle tools, manage my devices, myk, personal document