Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook gen 3, Opus
Gen 3 to Opus

Well my old Gen 3 is starting to die after 4 years hard service, its time to let the old girl go, the turn page forward button is more hit than miss.

So i was about to go get a Kindle thing but......... at the last minute I thought I would just look on the waterstones website and they had the Opus on special at £49.99, so I though, why not if it lasts as long as the Gen 3 its a bargin.

So now iam gonna have to get used to using and buying Epub instead of Mobi but I think between Calibre and apprentice alf I should be ok.

So hurry up and arrive Opus I wanna play
anarcHy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcHy View Post
So now iam gonna have to get used to using and buying Epub instead of Mobi

If you don't like to you don't have to use epub. There's a mobi firmware for the Opus, too.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
anarcHy
anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!anarcHy rocks like Gibraltar!

Cool........, maybe I will see if I like Epub first as everybody seems to rave about it being a better format, and if not then I will convert the Opus to mobi.
Iam glad that I have managed to find a cheap ereader that does not have a touch screen or wireless. A touch screen is really no good if you read whilst having lunch, the screen gets all messy and whilst wireless is good if you want to buy book on the go it does mean that you will spend more and besides which you eventually have to dock your unit at some point to charge it, so you might as well load it up with books then.

are well roll on tomorrow when it should arrive
Old 11-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
anarcHy

It just arrived, I know it was gonna be smaller and lighter than my gen 3 but I did not realise how small, this may take some getting used to.

Gonna change some mobi file to Epub and have a play
Old 11-11-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
bah, if only I could buy a black Opus for peanuts I would, this minute... mine is pink and I find the color extremely tiring on the eyes, so currently going through 3rd decalgirl skin.

I went to waterstone site but ereaders are not sent overseas

I love the small from, much more than a 6", and I also had a 6" before Opus. I'm sure you will like it too after a while.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #6
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
I moved from a Gen3 to the Opus (black) and I love it. I did NOT like the ePub it came with so I switched to mobi.

I just went to the Waterstones site and I see they've got covers for the Opus at 5.99 pounds, instead of 19.99 pounds from the Bookeen website.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
anarcHy

Ok guys, one week update...... I love love love my opus, Epub is fine and it is so light in my handbag and Iam finding that the screen is nice and sharp compared to my old girl gen 3. It was a well timed bargin and I hope it last as long as my Gen 3.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #8
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
I'm still eyeing these up.
We're going into the city next week so I might have to take a detour to Waterstones!
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote