Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
StevenP
Edge User

BorisB Gone?

I noticed all of Boris' posts are gone from the forum. What is the reason for that? I enjoyed having him around and he was always very helpful to others.

Edited to Add:
I got this from his profile:

Biography:As my integrity continues to be insulted, I have withdrawn myself any my contributions.
Interests:I continue to be an ardent fan and supporter of the eDGe and enTourage.

Last edited by StevenP; 08-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
dontpanic
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
I noticed all of Boris' posts are gone from the forum. What is the reason for that? I enjoyed having him around and he was always very helpful to others.
This is truly a bad day for this forum. I can confirm that Boris has no affiliation whatsoever with our company, but took his own time to drive a great deal of constructive discourse and great technical support into these threads. We do try to keep a hands-off approach to this forum, as it is a service that we offer the user community. Unfortunately, it seems that some people distrust enthusiasts more than detractors. I cannot blame him for calling it a day, but would like to thank him for his great attitude and ask him to find a way to reconsider.

DP

Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #3
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenP View Post
I totally agree with that. I am a bit in shock. I don' t know what happened last night, my night that is, USA-day of course.
So Boris, if you read this: please do come back. For me you are still the numero uno of the Forum.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #4
drsteve
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
I totally agree with that. I am a bit in shock. I don' t know what happened last night, my night that is, USA-day of course.
So Boris, if you read this: please do come back. For me you are still the numero uno of the Forum.
It seems the GPL/open source debate has kicked off again big style. A few harsh words have been exchanged over the weekend and I believe boris felt that the original spirit of the forum had disappeared. Indeed a sad day.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
dontpanic
Edge User

drsteve,

Yes, it is a bit puzzling that actually releasing the source code triggered so much agitation. We really were expecting that the developer community would be at least appeased while we develop our SDK for release. Instead, there were more pitchforks and torches at the gate this morning than ever. We'll get through this, I'm sure, but Team Positivity has definitely lost its star player.

I guess I could say that it is our policy that enTourage employees actually say that they are employees. Besides an occasional post by an intern, I'm pretty sure that everyone here is really from the user community. Questioning people's credibility is not really something anyone should be wasting their time on.

DP

Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
StevenP
Edge User

I'd really like to see Boris come back and if he has issues with certain people to simply put them on ignore.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
rishi360
Edge User

This is unfortunate. BorisB contributed a lot of positive things into this community.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
MichaelV
Edge User

the king is dead? long live the (next) king!

Old 08-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
Snepscheut
Edge User

Loosing Boris is a sad thing, as is loosing others who tribute to the success of the eDGe.

Therefore: Boris please come back, the more people we loose on the good side of the force the more to bad side profits.

I hope that everyone who has left this forum will return and built together a community where it is possible to discuss everything with respect to all others.

Now everybody stop bickering and start building again!

Jos.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
Chubulor
Edge User

1. I too will miss borisb. He could be overly cheerleader-ish at times, but he was (will be?) an asset to the forum.

2. Yes, I am the jerk who started the "Entourage plant" theory, but I never specifically targeted boris with that. Most of my energy was directed at walt526, who had a comment up for two hours that explicitly said he (walt526) was an Entourage employee, before he edited it saying it was a typo.

3. That said, if boris left over the sparse and very light stuff that was said about him personally on the forum yesterday, he seriously needs to get a thicker skin. There may have been other more serious barbs thrown at him via private message, in which case his leaving might be more understandable.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
Unfortunately, it seems that some people distrust enthusiasts more than detractors.
That's natural when the enthusiasm gets to the point where it clashes with reality. I have a feeling those of us who were "suspicious" yesterday would be just as suspicious of the origins of a poster who always ripped on the Edge and recommended an iPad, for instance.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
leo315
Edge User

Boris hopefully you read this.

Boris, I thank you very much for your constructive response to all questions and your comments. Your contribute to the EE forums is very much appreciate and welcome to come back. See you soon here.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #13
NiaTrue
Edge User

I miss boris already and hope he comes back, but how many of you want to be a part of a forum where some people feel free to post private information on other posters?

Old 08-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
Hiltoru
Edge User

Never posted before, yet have followed the forums...

I purchased my edge in May after I was going to originally get an Ipad...
I literally stumbled onto information regarding the Edge...

Reading Boris literally made the sale...
As I work on my dissertation, the Edge has been an invaluable research tool.

Thank you sir and I hope you find yourself able to return one day.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:18 PM   #15
Chubulor
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
I miss boris already and hope he comes back, but how many of you want to be a part of a forum where some people feel free to post private information on other posters?
That's one person, who I assume the forum moderators have dealt with. borisb left for totally unrelated reasons, anyway.