Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #46
heatherc
Enthusiast
heatherc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
2) how many e-books have you purchased via Connect? - probably about two hundred in all.
3) What kind of books are you buying? - a mix of books. I've been replacing paperbacks with digital editions, and also buying some new releases. I also have a ton of classics from Project Gutenberg and Manybooks.net.
4) How many new books verse e-copies of books you already have? Lots more ebooks than new books. I recycled most of my old paperbacks.
5) How many backlist (i.e. older) books do you have, and by who? - too many to count.
heatherc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #47
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Well, that's old info. In the past 2 weeks, I've gone crazy at Webscriptions:
* The Pournelle Continuum -- consisting of 10 novels by Jerry Pournelle
* October 2008 Webscription -- 8 novels
* December 2000 Webscription -- 5 novels
* Herris Serrano -- 3 novels by Elizabeth Moon

So, from the original 4 books, I've sprung to 30!
Psssst. Hey! Hey Kid!...

Try an eBook, kid. It won't hurt you... and the first one's FREE!

(The book pusher slinks back into the shadows...)

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #48
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
Psssst. Hey! Hey Kid!...

Try an eBook, kid. It won't hurt you... and the first one's FREE!

(The book pusher slinks back into the shadows...)

Xenophon
It's much worse than you think . The first sample they'll give you is a high quality ebook, a first of a series. But when you'll come for the rest - all they will offer you is badly formatted expensive self-published junk.

edit: (To be clear I'm not talking about Baen)

Last edited by Dave Berk; 11-11-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote