Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 10:48 AM   #46
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
update

I'm a member on another forum. A number of people over there have one of these Airpanels. One of them figured out how to hack the firmware updates to allow you to flash either the WinCE 3.0 firmware or WinCE 4.1 firmware. I've successfully flashed both firmwares. I prefer 3.0, but the 4.1 firmware does have its points.

I've also gathered all the files needed for flashing each firmware into a pair of ZIP folders, and included a readme file.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #47
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Nate, what did the cops tell you about flashing?

-MJ
Old 12-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #48
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post

-MJ
They said I have a cute bum.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:20 PM   #49
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
They said I have a cute bum.

Dreamer
Old 12-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #50
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post

Dreamer
Was that your signature, or a comment on the Nate's bum.

Dale
Old 12-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #51
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Someone politely suggested that I post a link to the other forum.
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/foru...3102&start=136

The instructions and the collected files are in the 4th post from the bottom.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #52
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
The site I'd normally send you to is gone. Drat.
www.dt375.com

Mobipocket Reader can be downloaded from here. You want the one with for Arm CPUs. Also, you should try v4.9 before v4.8 because it supports a couple extra features. BTW, there is a free activation code for MobiReader: "JWNLMXVU". Without it some features will expire.

You can also have MSReader as well as Ereader. Here is a good source of (mostly) compatible software:
http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/j7xx.html

XXXXXX
The Xs used to be a link to poor version of Adobe PDF. I knew of a better one, but for some reason didn't link to it. Here:
http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm
Old 01-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #53
ludo
ludo began at the beginning.

Device: Xperia Arc
Quote:
I'm a member on another forum. A number of people over there have one of these Airpanels. One of them figured out how to hack the firmware updates to allow you to flash either the WinCE 3.0 firmware or WinCE 4.1 firmware. I've successfully flashed both firmwares. I prefer 3.0, but the 4.1 firmware does have its points.

I've also gathered all the files needed for flashing each firmware into a pair of ZIP folders, and included a readme file.
Sorry to resurrect an oldish thread, but did you flash the Airpanel 100 or 110? I'd love to be able to read mobi and pdf files on a 110, and there are a few on ebay at a very decent price.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #54
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I've only flashed the Airpanel 100. Hacking the v110 requires XP Pro.

What's wrong with the 100? I'm quite happy with mine.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #55
ludo

Quote:
I've only flashed the Airpanel 100. Hacking the v110 requires XP Pro.

What's wrong with the 100? I'm quite happy with mine.
Well, after years of reading ebooks (first .lit on iPAQs, then plucker on various Palms, then Mobipocket on Palms and Nokia phones), I finally caved in and got a used Nokia 770 to read PDF files, as I have lots of old tubes and electronic manuals to read which are scanned PDFs and I need a large display. The only problem is, the 770 sucks for reading them: the default pdf app is very user-unfriendly (zoom in, and turning a page is a 4-step operation including recentering it) and super-slow with scanned PDFs; evince crashes a lot (I'm on os2007) and it's almost unusable for scanned PDFs.

So I checked back here after a long time, read this thread, and thought the Viewsonic might work. Only the 100 seems a bit slow for scanned PDFs. If it isn't so, well I won't need a 110, even though there are a few ones for 70$ which looks like a very OK price, even including shipping to Italy.

Kind of a longish OT reply, sorry.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #56
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Lately I've been using my Airpanel 100 to read PDFs. It's quite usable for scanned PDFs as well as text only PDFs. While the screen isn't fingertip friendly(mine are too big), it is possible to use a fingernail to scroll the page. Screen refresh is slow compared to a PC, but it's still faster than Eink.

I would not recommend it for image heavy or multi column PDF, however. The images are rendered one at a time, and repeatedly scrolling up and down on a single page might be frustrating.

Instead of the v110, you might consider the Airsync v210. It has almost identical hardware, but no need to hack it. The best way to find one on Ebay is to search for "airsync", and then save the search.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #57
ludo

Quote:
Instead of the v110, you might consider the Airsync v210. It has almost identical hardware, but no need to hack it. The best way to find one on Ebay is to search for "airsync", and then save the search.
Thanks, will do. Meanwhile I solved one of the problems that are bugging me with reading PDFs on the 770: using pdfcrop I can use the "Fit Width" zoom, and change page with a single click. Should stop by here more often.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:06 PM   #58
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

One thing I forgot to add

The Adobe software I am using can also handle reflowable PDFs. It cannot reflow every PDF, only the ones already tagged. It's still a cool feature, though.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #59
LuckyDogBargain
LuckyDogBargain began at the beginning.

Device: none
Does anybody need a Viewsonic Airpanel or airsync?

Hello everybody, my name is Jonny and I just stumbled upon your thread. I noticed some of you have purchased some of my viewsonic airpanel v100's. Well if there are any other members interested, or if you already have one and want another one, please send me an email at luckydogsales@gmail.com

We also have the following airpanels available: v110, v110p, v150, v150p,
- Docks available for v100, v110 and v210

Airsync available: v205, v210, v210x, v240

ViewPad100, viewpad 1000
Old 02-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #60
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I would recommend avoiding the Airpanel 100 for the time being. In 3 months, I've had 3 die on me. All had the same failure - the battery charging circuit. Wait until I know for sure that Viewsonic will repair them. Note: This is not the fault of the seller; the devices are simply old.

You should also avoid the v110 and v150 unless you feel up to hacking it. Go for the v205, v210, or v240 instead.

Also, the Viewpad 1000 runs Windows XP, unlike the Viewpad 100.
Closed Thread