Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-25-2014, 08:42 PM   #1006
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Is this "kobo_koboreader.sh" a new script? I am familiar the koreader_kobo.sh file, but none of mine have any "screen content" lines.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:19 AM   #1007
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura hd, kobo mini, Sony prs-t3
kobo_koboreader.sh :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Is this "kobo_koboreader.sh" a new script? I am familiar the koreader_kobo.sh file, but none of mine have any "screen content" lines.

Luck;
Ken
I was too lazy to correct previous post..... Now corrected

I think that these lines are in last builds. exactly in 948

Last edited by xping; 02-26-2014 at 03:25 AM. Reason: missing info
xping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2014, 03:23 AM   #1008
xping
Connoisseur
xping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-booksxping has learned how to read e-books

more tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Nice to know xping! I'm downloading 3.2.0 right now and I'll check the behaviour. If this is not happening on Glo, I could ask you to do some tests, mainly checking if the file .last_screen_content is correctly created.
Ok.. It will be done
Old 02-27-2014, 08:48 AM   #1009
Ficko
Ficko began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
Just downloaded last firmware (3.2.0) on kobo aura Mark 5 (non HD)

Well, now koreader is unable to return to nickel. It freezes on exit, showing a small sing on the right of the screen.
then U have to power off device and to restart it again

Any cue?
Same on Aura HD and the solution works too. - Allerdings returning to homescreen of Koreader -
Ficko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #1010
laudaisoi
laudaisoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by xping View Post
SOVLED:

How I was thinking, the strange sign on the right of the screen after exiting was an attempt to reset the screen on last "saved" before entering.

so that i commented last line of Koreader_kobo.sh:

# continue with nickel
# cat .last_screen_content | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
# rm .last_screen_content
killall -CONT nickel
Work very well in Aura HD 3.2.0
laudaisoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #1011
JamesFEvans
~James~
JamesFEvans began at the beginning.

Device: iOS, Kobo Aura
Have Aura on 3.2.0, the menu to select a book for Koreader appears every time I go into my library in Nickel and every time I try to access the TOC inside a book from Nickel, I need to dismiss the selector every time... any ideas on fixing this?
JamesFEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #1012
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFEvans View Post
Have Aura on 3.2.0, the menu to select a book for Koreader appears every time I go into my library in Nickel and every time I try to access the TOC inside a book from Nickel, I need to dismiss the selector every time... any ideas on fixing this?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226456

You could try removing the launching .png files then going through the install process all over again.

Or; you could use tshring's Kobo Start Menu Which is not using Sergey's fmon and doesn't require the .png files in the index. (Not sure on how things are with 3.2.0 compatability, though.) You can add KOreader and/or the KoboLauncher w/Coolreader This way as well.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #1013
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
For those people interested in the latest koreader build: They are at a new url:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #1014
Kudalufi
Kudalufi began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I've grabbed and installed the latest koreader and installed it on my Touch w/ 3.2.0. From the comments on the nightly builds, it seemed like it was supposed to have been fixed for Kobo, but I cannot get it to launch. From the looks of the crash it looks like it might have to do with the changes added for the latest nightly, as they made changes for the frontlight:

Code:
NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal:[WARNING]Config version too old !! Please update config file !!
./luajit: ./ffi/kobolight.lua:51: cannot change brightess value
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'assert'
	./ffi/kobolight.lua:51: in function 'setBrightness'
	./frontend/ui/device/kobopowerd.lua:27: in function 'setIntensityHW'
	./frontend/ui/device/basepowerd.lua:39: in function 'setIntensity'
	./reader.lua:186: in main chunk
	[C]: in function 'dofile'
	./koreader-base:37: in main chunk
	[C]: at 0x0000c5a4
Does anyone else have this running on a Touch with 3.2.0 right now?
Kudalufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 PM   #1015
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudalufi View Post
I've grabbed and installed the latest koreader and installed it on my Touch w/ 3.2.0. From the comments on the nightly builds, it seemed like it was supposed to have been fixed for Kobo, but I cannot get it to launch. From the looks of the crash it looks like it might have to do with the changes added for the latest nightly, as they made changes for the frontlight:

Code:
NtxHwCfg_GetCfgFldStrVal:[WARNING]Config version too old !! Please update config file !!
stack traceback:
I reinstall everything after having some issues, koreader is not launching in anyway and the png launch kobo reader so. Maybe something easy to tweak, not sure.
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #1016
xping
Connoisseur

kobo touch - issue solving attempt -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudalufi View Post

Code:
stack traceback:

Maybe kobo touch, having no front light, should give error on function to set brightness.

Here is a rar file of folder koboreader. Try to unpack it in .kobo folder where koreader is already installed. I "commented" the code where it refers to hardware function to set brightness. Try it. I cannot try it by me having no kobo touch.

Thx
Attached Files
File Type: rar koreader.rar (4.2 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by xping; 03-17-2014 at 07:04 AM. Reason: missing file
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #1017
xping
Connoisseur

kobotouch 3.2.0 issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by enotar View Post
I reinstall everything after having some issues, koreader is not launching in anyway and the png launch kobo reader so. Maybe something easy to tweak, not sure.
try my attachment and let me know
Please, if doesn't work send error log file
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 PM   #1018
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
Not launching at all, crash log empty.
I want to make sure, as we don't have any tgz file anywhere I just copied the whole directory structure to .kobo directory Kobo start menu detect it but nothing happened when selecting just stay on menu. Other items on menu works well like start nickel or startvlasovftlauncher .
Any idea?
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #1019
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
I want to make sure, as we don't have any tgz file anywhere I just copied the whole directory structure to .kobo directory Kobo start menu detect it but nothing happened when selecting just stay on menu. Other items on menu works well like start nickel or startvlasovftlauncher .
Any idea?
With tshring's "Kobo Start Menu", you only have to copy the koreader folder from the nightly download zip file - to your device's .kobo directory. You may want to first remove any existing koreader folder. Then a restart would be advisable.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #1020
xping
Connoisseur

Kobo touch issue

Quote:
Any idea?
Have you completely installed koreader BEFORE overlappingkoreader folder contained in My attachment? ? Copied original koreader folder contained in installaton archive BEFORE tgz file? Have you powered off and on again alter patching with My file? When you Have copied My file in. kobo folder did you get warnings about sobstituting original Files with new ones? If log file in empty There's Something wrong. Just think that It is Not generated. If log file contains something It means that koreader was launched. If empty, maybe It was Not launched