Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
pyrotechnic1990
pyrotechnic1990 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, BNRV350
Change Library location

I have Calibre portable and have recently desired to change the location of my current library to another flash drive. Is there another way to change the library's location to my desired flash drive?
pyrotechnic1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrotechnic1990 View Post
I have Calibre portable and have recently desired to change the location of my current library to another flash drive. Is there another way to change the library's location to my desired flash drive?
Calibre Portable's Default/Main Library MUST be on the same drive (and same place).

Install Calibre Portable on the new drive. Then QUIT calibre portable.
Replace the (new) 'Calibre Library' folder with the OLD one (COPY and Paste)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
pyrotechnic1990
pyrotechnic1990 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, BNRV350
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre Portable's Default/Main Library MUST be on the same drive (and same place).

Install Calibre Portable on the new drive. Then QUIT calibre portable.
Replace the (new) 'Calibre Library' folder with the OLD one (COPY and Paste)
I have, and it refuses to transfer over. I don't have it running, but nothing is transferred over. The new flash drive has everything, and yet my library is still empty for the new one. Just as a recap, copy, paste is when I right click, right? Nothing seems to work
pyrotechnic1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #4
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I just copy the complete calibre portable folder to where i want it and then run the exe from inside the folder. i have never had to change the library location pointer, it always picks it up.

maybe i do it wrong but that works for me.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanHd View Post
I just copy the complete calibre portable folder to where i want it and then run the exe from inside the folder. i have never had to change the library location pointer, it always picks it up.

maybe i do it wrong but that works for me.
You CAN'T change the location of the (Library) pointer on Portable.
It must start where it does. It must be named 'Calibre Library'
You can have additiona Libraries, but it will always start with: 'Calibre Library' . It is hard coded...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert