Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #1
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
Many tempory files

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC
In stead use this post

My tempory file folder is getting full of Calibre files.
Since I use Calibre (a lot), My tempory file folder explodes.
If I do not use CCleaner every 3 days, I get troubles because I the next time I use CCleaner, it takes ages to locate all (hundereds) of temp-files.

So is it possible to auto-clean up this data at regular moments? (I think of closing closing calibre, closing an ebook, once a week, ...)
If there is a reason not to do this, is it possible to run a clean at update? I got tempfiles of 5 versions the first time I ran CCleaner.
No need to keep all that versions I think?

(At the other hand, because I have my books on my server, I'm glad the temp files are on my laptop during use, this speeds up my usage a lot)

Last edited by drMerry; 05-05-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Dup topic
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Sorry, this is almost a dup of:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124145
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
You should not need to buy CCcleaner.

Windows has a built in tool (besides the user ) to do the job.
"Disk Cleanup" on the Accessories: system tools menu

Partway through the run (after detection phase), you have options on which to 'clean', Temp files is the sure thing to tick, Compress old almost never ('system' files can get compressed and realy slow things down).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You should not need to buy CCcleaner.

Windows has a built in tool (besides the user ) to do the job.
"Disk Cleanup" on the Accessories: system tools menu
CCleaner is

1. FREE ware - so buying it is a non issue.

2. much better than the windows equivalent IMHO - it's flexible & easy to configure so that it deletes only what you want deleted & keeps what you want kept e.g. cookies.

3. Has other useful functions like startup manager & uninstaller. sure , windows has these ,but it's handy to have them all in one easy-to-use utility.

PS if having to run it every 3 days is SO difficult, then it can be configured to aurtorun at start up or shut-down
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
drMerry
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
PS if having to run it every 3 days is SO difficult, then it can be configured to aurtorun at start up or shut-down
Yes and I can add it on a schedule.
So it is not difficult, but a good program should not need such 'hacks'

But there is a fix in the next release.

Please do not reply on this topic.
Use the discussion posted in my 2nd post.
Advert

Tags
clean, performance, temp folders