Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The Horns of September: My Horror/Thriller [coupon post #33]

Hi everyone -

Am offering my horror/conspiracy thriller for free through the end of February.

Here is the info plus link:

The Horns of September
Coupon Code: RU44P
Expires: February 28, 2010

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7345

Synopsis:

Date: September 1961
Place: Longview, South Carolina
Nickname: Shucktown
Unofficial Motto: Someone is always shuckin’ something in Shucktown

Dilemma: All is not right in Shucktown. Just ask Chuck Beckett. He’s young, in love and readying his group to audition for Motown Records. He’s sure his will be the first interracial group signed by the emerging recording giant. He should be on top of the world, but he’s not. For despite living out his dreams, Chuck feels as if he’s headed for certain disaster. Repressed memories have begun to surface in the form of dark, paralyzing depressions. These debilitating episodes convince him of one thing – that he is soon about to die. Chuck tries his best to shake it off as so much teenage angst. He finds it increasingly difficult to do so after the good friend who warns him about “the devils in Shucktown,” winds up murdered. Her death is the catalyst that leads Chuck Beckett to step out of his comfort zone to confront cabals, demons, monsters knitted out of darkness and all the horrors that arise from the curse known as The Horns of September.

---------------

Thank you and hope you enjoy!
WPotocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
That sounds interesting, going to go download now.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Thanks for sharing your work Wendy - it is always appreciated.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Snagged, bagged, and beheaded.

I'm afraid it's far, far back in my reading list - but thank you for sharing your work.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
GypsyWoman
Groupie
GypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enoughGypsyWoman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony E Reader PRS-505/iTouch/Blackberry Curve-Pink
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPotocki View Post
Hi everyone -

Am offering my horror/conspiracy thriller for free through the end of February.

Here is the info plus link:

The Horns of September
Coupon Code: RU44P
Expires: February 28, 2010

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/7345

Synopsis:

Date: September 1961
Place: Longview, South Carolina
Nickname: Shucktown
Unofficial Motto: Someone is always shuckin’ something in Shucktown

Dilemma: All is not right in Shucktown. Just ask Chuck Beckett. He’s young, in love and readying his group to audition for Motown Records. He’s sure his will be the first interracial group signed by the emerging recording giant. He should be on top of the world, but he’s not. For despite living out his dreams, Chuck feels as if he’s headed for certain disaster. Repressed memories have begun to surface in the form of dark, paralyzing depressions. These debilitating episodes convince him of one thing – that he is soon about to die. Chuck tries his best to shake it off as so much teenage angst. He finds it increasingly difficult to do so after the good friend who warns him about “the devils in Shucktown,” winds up murdered. Her death is the catalyst that leads Chuck Beckett to step out of his comfort zone to confront cabals, demons, monsters knitted out of darkness and all the horrors that arise from the curse known as The Horns of September.

---------------

Thank you and hope you enjoy!
Thanks!! I appreciate you sharing your ebook with us. Definitely sounds like my kind of book.
GypsyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It looks very interesting. THANKS!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #7
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thanks for the book, I'm downloading it now!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #8
WPotocki
Connoisseur
WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WPotocki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow, thanks for all the nice replies! Just stopped by to see if anyone even took notice. Wasn't expecting this.

I'm glad you all took full advantage by beheadin ... er, I mean DOWNLOADING a copy. I loved writing this story and the protagonist is close to my heart. He's a good guy unlike some of my more nefarious characters!

I don't think that I mentioned that this is the first in a series. It'll eventually blossom magically into a trilogy. The story can standalone, but hopefully you'll be interested to see what happens next. Hint: the conspiracy grows! LOL

Thanks again and I hope you all enjoy reading it! Look forward to your comments.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks indeed for sharing your work, I'll be checking it out for sure!
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
WPotocki
Connoisseur

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnett View Post
Thanks indeed for sharing your work, I'll be checking it out for sure!
cbarnett -

You're most welcome!

I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
I kave just downloaded it now, I'll read it this weekend, I supose, and give some comments. Thank you for sharing!
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #12
WPotocki
Connoisseur

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelee View Post
I kave just downloaded it now, I'll read it this weekend, I supose, and give some comments. Thank you for sharing!
anabelee -

You're very welcome and thanks so much for the download!

I think the great thing about taking advantage of offers like this is it allows you to stockpile reading selections. If this weekend you decide you want to read something lighter, you probably have something to fill that need. Conversely, if tomorrow night you suddenly crave reading something a little darker and creepier, you're covered.

Feedback is always welcome. It's always interesting to hear how the stories we write are received.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:30 PM   #13
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Hi there,

I went to download it but it show's it's $1. Is that because I'm not in the US? Now $1 isn't going to break the bank or anything lol but I was expecting free. I like dark and creepy.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Did you put in the free code for it.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #15
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
Thanks, I will be getting my enTourage eDGe in the march shipment, and have been looking for books I might enjoy prior to it arriving, this one looks interesting.
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote