Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: almost every kindle,iPad,android tablet,kobo you name it
Vox in United States

Has anyone here in the states have their Vox yet? If so did you pre order it or get in a store??
robdrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Haven't gotten mine yet. Ordered fairly early on the first day from the Kobo website.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #3
enoeske
enoeske began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
My pre-order from Oct 21st is still "processing". Not sure what the point of pre-ordering was...
enoeske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
robdrob
Enthusiast
robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.robdrob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

You may have start contacting them. Kind of bad that they haven't taken care of their pre orders but have the in stores in Canada with plenty of stock. We at least for the time being had a choice between the Vox or a Kindle Fire in the USA and I decided to give it to Kobo. I emailed a very nice rep at Kobo and he helped me out. I know he is getting flooded with emails but he is very helpful and wants to keep our business.
Darrell at ddiljohn@kobo.com good luck.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone, Kobo Vox
ordered on the 29th, today's the sixth day and it's still processing...
don't tell me how someone pre-ordered before me and still waiting
that aint my problem, is it really that hard to ship their product? I seriously don't get it. 2 to 3 handling days before shipping is completely reasonable, but 6 days and possible longer waiting time is just crazy...
Plus their costumer service is horrible, and time to time, i can't even log into their website for ebook!

So frustrating, should've gone with the kindle fire
kikibay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
robdrob
Enthusiast

Kikibay email Darrell. Trust me he will help you.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enoeske View Post
My pre-order from Oct 21st is still "processing". Not sure what the point of pre-ordering was...
I hear you. Mine's said Processing for days.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #8
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrob View Post
Kikibay email Darrell. Trust me he will help you.
I emailed him twice already(yesterday afternoon and this morning)... he still hasn't responded... he might be busy
Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Nice press release today Kobo...

Quote:
TORONTO, November 3, 2011 — Kobo, a global leader in eReading with over 5 million users worldwide, today announced that the new Kobo Vox eReader, the world’s first social eReader, is now available in stores and online at leading retailers including Indigo (www.indigo.ca), Future Shop (www.futureshop.ca), Best Buy (www.bestbuy.ca), and Kobo.com for a MSRP of $199.99. Kobo Vox eReader is available online directly from U.S. retailers including Best Buy (www.bestbuy.com) and Fry’s (www.frys.com) for $199.99....

How about getting them to folks who have pre-ordered and already paid for one.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
kikibay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Nice press release today Kobo...

How about getting them to folks who have pre-ordered and already paid for one.
wow they are shameless
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I'm in Canada, but preordered from the Kobo store and I'm still waiting for mine. No communication from them about when it will arrive, either. I have an email with a confirmation number, but when I log into the eReader page on the Kobo site the order doesn't show at all anywhere.

Sigh.

My sister who ordered from Chapters/Indigo a day before me has had hers for a few days. If I could figure out how to cancel an order that doesn't show up anywhere, I'd head out to Futureshop or Best Buy tomorrow and pick one up.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #12
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I am in Australia and ordered from Frys.com a couple of days after the announcement. It was delivered to my USA address on Monday. It is now on its way to me in Australia and I will have it by the 7th November.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #13
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sao View Post
I'm in Canada, but preordered from the Kobo store and I'm still waiting for mine. No communication from them about when it will arrive, either. I have an email with a confirmation number, but when I log into the eReader page on the Kobo site the order doesn't show at all anywhere.
I'm in the same boat. I was a later pre-order but still, it would be nice to see something on my account. I saw one on display in Coles this week which leads me to believe, I could likely have bought one here.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
From other threads here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post
Try contacting ddiljohn@kobo.com

Worked for me as he cancelled very quickly. Include your order number.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #15
kikibay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
From other threads here:
fine i will cancel my order and get the kindle fire