Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 12:57 PM   #76
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Excellent thanks that works.

Is there any way to edit the meta information of files on the reader or do I have to do that on the PC and then transfer them back to the reader?
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #77
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Nope no metadata editing on the reader.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #78
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

0.3.30 with bug fixes and automatic import of metadata from opf files.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 05-14-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #79
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Wow, nice!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 06:00 PM   #80
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Wow, nice!
Thanks...at the moment its only title, author and author sort key, but it will be easy to add more in the future.
Advert
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #81
Elltrain
Elltrain began at the beginning.

Hey, just discovered this tool and it works GREAT for 3 really nasty Toc-style html files.

A bug report, and feature suggestion:

The ’ character in the text I have is not formatted right, it comes up as a blank every time in the .lrf file.

Second, a line-cropping option would be great. So I could specify -crop 2 2 to crop 2 lines off the top and bottom of each .html page. The files I have contain lines at the top with website stuff there that I would like stripped out.
Elltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #82
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

When you say crop lines off the top do you mean before the opening html tag i.e. the very first lines of each file?

Open a bug report and attach a sample file with the suspect character and I'll fix it.
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/newticket
Old 05-14-2007, 11:45 PM   #83
Elltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal
When you say crop lines off the top do you mean before the opening html tag i.e. the very first lines of each file?

Open a bug report and attach a sample file with the suspect character and I'll fix it.
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/newticket

Reported.

And you could do it either way, really. Basically, every file in the batch has a line at the top and bottom with links "Previous | Table of Contents | Next" which direct to the appropriate pages. In the lrf conversion, these get stuck all over the place and it's basically unreadable.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #84
Elltrain

Ticket opened. The forum seemed to eat my other reply.

You could do the cropping either way, really. Basically, every file in the batch has a line at the top and bottom with links "Previous | Table of Contents | Next" which direct to the appropriate pages. In the lrf conversion, these get stuck all over the place and it's basically unreadable.

I uploaded one of the chapters so you can see the formatting.

Last edited by Elltrain; 05-14-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:14 AM   #85
blueowl
blueowl began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Embedded fonts in lrf with html2lrf?

Hello kovidgoyal,

first I'd like to say thanks a lot for libprs500. It's very good to have such a tool (mainly if you use just linux).

But to my point, I would like to ask whether html2lrf is able to embed fonts into lrf. This is quite important for me as I am using non-english fonts. So far I have solved it via pdf, however lrf could be better as it's Reader's native format.

Jirka
blueowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #86
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No it i'm afraid it doesn't have support for embedded fonts. I might add support in the future, but that s not a priority for me. I would suggest you open a ticket and I'll get around to it when I have the time.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #87
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Very Cool!

I've already entered a new ticket with suggestions for more metadata that should be easy to import (at least from Baen-style opf files).

libprs500 is really spiffy, and is fast becoming the best of the open-source tools for talking to the reader and converting files for it!
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
No it i'm afraid it doesn't have support for embedded fonts. I might add support in the future, but that s not a priority for me. I would suggest you open a ticket and I'll get around to it when I have the time.
I just sent a ticket for embedded fonts. I really want this.

Does html2lfr support tables and inline graphics (graphics with text on either side)?

Jon
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:02 PM   #89
yargoflick
Enthusiast
yargoflick is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader
command line sweetness.

Quote:
I just discovered the bash completetion for the command line tools. It is swell and wonder.

My reader and I thank you,
and hereby send you some beer money.

Lee
yargoflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #90
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@yargoflick
Thank ee kindly

@jswolf
I'll give it a stab sometime

Tags
html2lrf, libprs500