Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2014, 04:29 AM   #1036
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandafc View Post
A great improvement would be the possibility to tap on an image in any epub to open a maximized version of the image in a separate window.

I had often the case that illustrations are very small and unreadable.
This is already an option when reading kepubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:58 AM   #1037
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This is already an option when reading kepubs.
Waw, 1000 thanks David for the tips! That convince me to move from epubs to kepubs
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #1038
Haugor
Enthusiast
Haugor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch C、KPW3
I hope the future firmware could add a 'Exit to Home' button to all APPs, like book reader, image viewer, web browser and so on.

Thank you!
Haugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #1039
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haugor View Post
I hope the future firmware could add a 'Exit to Home' button to all APPs, like book reader, image viewer, web browser and so on.
On the Touch, pressing the home button will do this for you. On the devices without a physical home button, the home icon is in the top left corner anytime the top menu bar is displayed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:08 AM   #1040
Haugor
Enthusiast
Haugor began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch C、KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
On the Touch, pressing the home button will do this for you. On the devices without a physical home button, the home icon is in the top left corner anytime the top menu bar is displayed.
thanks for your reply. personally, I prefer a touching button than a physical one when I change APP, as the physical one may made my finger aching.
Haugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #1041
vandafc
Connoisseur
vandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texanvandafc might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kindle 3
I would like to have a full screen browser. Hiding the topbar, address bar and bottom bars will really improve user experience. Just keep the top area to show it on demand (like in the reader)
vandafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #1042
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandafc View Post
A great improvement would be the possibility to tap on an image in any epub to open a maximized version of the image in a separate window.

I had often the case that illustrations are very small and unreadable.
I've converted some ebooks to kepub where you can tap an image to zoom it but, sadly, expanding most of those images gives you a larger fuzzy and unreadable page. I have this vision of some publisher going "Who needs more than 120x90 images for maps? No one is going to look at them anyways."

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #1043
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModReader View Post
For both Kobos: GO TO PAGE!!!!

Yes caps are needed in such a case.
This. I can't believe it's not already in the firmware after all this time.

And I still want a way to not upgrade the firmware and to upgrade it when we want.

Edit: And a way to keep annotations in some sort of order, that probably drives me craziest when I have to use them editing. Open one on its page, remove it, and the order of the rest of the annotations are jumbled all over again. They should be sorted by date if they can only manage one sort option, but some sort is needed.

Last edited by Ripplinger; 08-23-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:37 AM   #1044
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
They should be sorted by date if they can only manage one sort option, but some sort is needed.
You can sort them by "recent", but of course, the sort by location must be fixed!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:11 AM   #1045
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In searches, I wish could have non-accented characters match both accented and non-accented ones.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #1046
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I just tried on the newest firmware, 3.5.0, and it looks like it will sort a bit better. But why does it take forever to highlight and make annotations now? The reader I use daily is still using 2.4.0 firmware, and while it's not an instant process to highlight text and drag the line to where you want it, it's at least 20x faster than the process on 3.5.0. The same identical books and same number of books are on both readers, so it's not a badly formatted book causing the slowness.

If that major slowness is the price you pay for sorting, I guess I'd rather be without sort options, especially when you can have over 200 annotations in a book.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:07 AM   #1047
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
Up vertical swipe in the middle of the page or the extreme right edge of the page invokes the books Table Of Contents
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:33 AM   #1048
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Wish for annotations: Go to next (or previous) annotation in the book view. I'd prefer an option in the screen bottom menus, just like prev/next chapter, but for prev/next page with annotations.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:41 AM   #1049
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
Up vertical swipe in the middle of the page or the extreme right edge of the page invokes the books Table Of Contents
Tap in the middle of the page, tap the double-arrow, and there's a link to the TOC right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Wish for annotations: Go to next (or previous) annotation in the book view. I'd prefer an option in the screen bottom menus, just like prev/next chapter, but for prev/next page with annotations.
To do that, first they have to fix the "annotations show in random order" bug...which they seem to be in no hurry to do.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #1050
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
To do that, first they have to fix the "annotations show in random order" bug...which they seem to be in no hurry to do.
That would be nice but also I'd love it if every annotation in an epub did not show as if it was in the chapter I was reading when I made the first annotation.

Especially in one book where the 1st chapter had 2 short paragraphs and every other annotation showed as being in Chapter 1: The Beggining of the End -- the typo in the chapter title being my first annotation. I mean how lousy is the proof reading when beginning is not spelled correctly in a chapter title? I then got to see it repeated through 70+ annotations. Sir Winny would not have approved.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo